Transfer admissions decision Texas a&m (fall 2015)

@brian7676 I’m currently a Senior at TAMU & I applied as a transfer student for the Summer of 2012
And Weirdly enough, I was an Accounting major at the time but I was transferring as an ECON major & if I remember correctly I had almost the EXACT same GPA as you, maybe .01 higher or lower, and I had no problem getting in!

@leahed Thanks for the info! did you receive any scholastic scholarship?

Hello everyone,

I am currently a sophomore at Texas State University and I applied as a transfer student to A&M for the fall of 2015. My first choice was Mechanical Engineering and my second choice was Aerospace engineering. I currently have a 3.17 GPA overall and have completed the following related engineering classes:

cal 1 - B
cal 2 - B
cal 3 - B
differential equations (currently taking and looks to be an A)

chem 1 - B
chem 2 - A

Physics 1 - A
Physics 2 (currently taking and also looks to be an A)

I have also taken a materials engineering class, however only the hours will transfer to A&M, and i received a B in that class. I also took and engineering graphics class (autoCAD/solidworks) and received an A but it won’t transfer either.

When I applied at the beginning of January I went through the admissions process and at the end of February they sent me a letter wanting to see my grades for this current spring semester. However, after reading a few post on this site it seems to me that my chance of getting accepted into Mechanical engineering are slim to none with my grades. I will finish this semester with 61 hours. I was curious, with these classes that i have taken, what my chances of acceptance into A&M’s aerospace engineering program would be.

Thanks!

I’m currently a freshman at UT Arlington. My 1st and 2nd choices are Electrical Engineering and Computer Science respectively.

UTA GPA: 4.0
Dual-credit GPA: 3.3
Cumulative Transfer GPA: 3.73

Fall 2014 Courses (UTA Course # / A&M Course #):

1. MATH 1426 / MATH 151
  2. CHEM 1442 / CHEM 102 (With labs)
  3. ENGL 1302 / ENGL 104
  4. Non-transferable Art Appreciation Course ):
  5. SOCI 1311 / SOCI 205

Spring 2015 Courses (UTA Course # / A&M Course #):

1. MATH 2425 / MATH 152
  2. PHYS 1443 / PHYS 218 (With labs)
  3. ENGL 2309 / ENGL 221
  4. POLS 2312 / POLS 207

I have AP/Dual-enrollment credits for the courses preceding chemistry, english, and political science. Additionally, I have credits for two semesters of world history which I didn’t show above. There aren’t any engineering/CS classes listed because I’m a CAP student at UTA and forced to remain undeclared for my major.