Transfer into CS dept. in UCSB&UCI, which is better&easier?

Hi all! I just got accepted from both UCSB and UCI (undeclared). My “asian parents” want me to study CS.
From what I found on the school websites I know that UCI has a school on information science and UCSB only have CS in the school of engineering and CCS.
UCSB has been my dream school for two years now I want to go there so bad but is it “weaker” in terms of CS compared to UCI?
I know very little about these schools so plz help.

Both schools have impacted CS programs so changing majors will be very difficult. Below is what is required to change majors and neither school will guarantee that even if you meet all the requirements that you will be able to change. Do you have any direct admit options?

For UCSB:
COMPUTER SCIENCE

Students may petition to enter the Computer Science major when the following requirements are met:

A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0;
Satisfactory completion of Computer Science 16 and 24 with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher (first takes only);
Satisfactory completion of Math 3A, 3B, 4A, 4B and Computer Science 40 with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (first takes only)
The selection process is highly competitive and these milestones are minimum requirements for consideration, achieving them does not guarantee admission to the Computer Science major.

For UCI:
https://changeofmajor.uci.edu/school-of-information-and-computer-sciences/

Thank you Gumbymom, and no I don’t have direct options, I applied 6 UCs all undeclared except Davis(reject). Can I ask which school do you think provides an overall better education on CS?

Academically, both are comparable. UCSB’s CS department is smaller in comparison to UCI’s but how that translates for a better education I cannot tell you. Have you visited both schools? If not, I highly suggest you do and talk to some CS students about their experience.

Will do, thanks!