Transfer Student GPA

I currently am enrolled in a community college and plan to transfer to A&M in the Fall of 2020. The community college I am at classified the duel credit work I had done as pass/fail so I currently have a 4.0 according to my official transcript with all my course work on it from the institution I have attended this year.

When I was a graduating senior I applied and was accepted to A&M and had completed 21 hours of Duel Credit work in high school. TAMU classified those duel credit grades as pass/fail, like I was adviced throughout high school that they would be, but now that I am a Transfer Applicant they are counting the GPA as letter grades for the duel credit work and it has hurt my original 4.0 GPA.

I was wondering if anyone could give some insight to if the grades will continue to be effective and continue throughout my time at A&M or if the GPA will start over once I start classes in the fall?

Your GPA will start over at A&M. It will show on your transcript as “TA” or “TB” for transfer A or transfer B but will not be included in your “Institution GPA” which is your A&M GPA.