Transfer student- Where to live?

<p>I just got in as a transfer for the Spring 2013 semester from Penn State. I will be starting my junior year in the spring. I was wondering where the best places are for me to live? I want to be around students my age but i also want to be in a place where it's easy to meet people. Maybe housing with other transfer students too. I have no knowledge on the housing whatsoever so please give me the best advice as possible. Thanks!</p>

<p>Hecht and Stanford are the freshman-only dorms. Eaton and Mahoney-Pearson are mainly sophomores. Most juniors/seniors that choose to live on-campus live in the University Village (UV) which is apartment-style and not too conducive to meeting new people. </p>

<p>I feel like only the freshman dorms are really tight-knit and good ways to meet new people because of the community-bathroom and the nature of freshman orientation and the activities the residential college sponsors. All the other dorms are suite-style (except UV being apartment style) so don’t lend themselves to meeting new people too well. You’ll meet people more through organizations, clubs and sports.</p>

<p>I’d recommend trying for Eaton. It’s right on the lake and more centrally located. Also it’s right across from the new SAC that’s opening in the fall so it’ll be an even more prime location. Downside is that you’ll have to walk to Mahoney-Pearson dining hall (it’s only a 5 minute walk). Or Hecht-Stanford dining hall (an even closer walk, but that’s all freshman).
Just know that housing isn’t always guaranteed for non-freshman and they’ve had to resort to lottery-style housing assignments due to high demand.</p>

<p>And welcome to The U!!!</p>