Transfer Waitlist

I was waitlisted as a transfer student to Virginia Tech’s College of Engineering. I was wondering if anyone had any idea about how this process will go as they have only had a transfer waitlist for two years. The notified by date is July 15th which is an issue because I also need to complete registration for summer classes I would like to complete if I end up going into engineering. I also plan on giving them a call as soon as possible to get more insight and information from them directly. If anyone has anything worth sharing it would be much appreciated!

I’m in the same boat as you waitlisted applications to college of Engineering and July 15 is not enough time. Apparently how the process goes is if some people do not choose to accept admission they will select the top candidates from the wait-list. You can try to send an appeal to convince them why you should get accepted and they might move you up on the list. I can’t find any stats on the likelihood of being offered admission from a transfer wait-list.