Transferring from an AP to an IB school over the summer

Hi! I’ll be starting school this fall as a hs junior. So I’m moving into an IB high school from an AP one, and I was planning to take AB calculus my junior year. What’s the equivalent in IB? All my classes were planned as APs, I was planning to take 4- Lang, AB calc, physics, & biology. What do you guys recommend?

You need to decide. Your can take either Math SL.for one year or HL for two. Closest AP equivalent would be AB or BC.

Overall you need 3 HL and 3 SL, what you choose depends on your interests

If you were going to take AP calculus ab, I’d choose math SL.
Have you taken honors physics or AP physics 1 before? If so, physics HL is possible, if not I wouldn’t advise it - or take it sl and plan to take it hl next year.
Were you planning on the combo AP lang/lit? The English HL would make sense.
You’ll need history or a social science at hl or sl level, as well as a foreign language. You can take a new one ‘about initio’ IE., starting from Scratch.

Ok thanks!!

I actually have taken physics yet, it’s only offered to juniors so I was planning to take AP physics next year. I’ve also taken 3 years of French and I’m doing personal finance/Econ over the summer.

i am actually at your same level of math and i will be taking Math HL this up coming school year as a junior, as recommended by my counselor who told me that Math HL 1 is equivalent to Calc AB while HL 2 is equivalent to BC