Traveling to UW-Madison from Cleveland, Ohio

<p>Hey guys!
I was recently admitted to the University of Wisconsin-Madison, but I have a little problem.</p>

<p>I live in Cleveland OH, and it usually takes around 8 hours to drive to UW. My parents would obviously take me down there when I move in, but I was wondering about a cheap way to go there and back during the holidays/breaks. I was looking into the Amtrak, but I found out that they don't have a direct train from Ohio to Madison. So I was planning on taking a train to Chicago, and then taking the USA Coach bus to Madison, but here's the thing, the bus doesn't pick you up from the Union Station in Chicago, but it picks everyone up from downtown Chicago. This creates a problem because Union Station (where I would get dropped off by Amtrak) is far away from downtown Chicago. Everything is super complicated right now, so I thought maybe you guys had a creative yet easy way of going from Cleveland Ohio to University of Wisconsin (flying is my last option right now).</p>

<p>Thank you guys very much! UW is one of my top choices, so I really want to make it convenient for me to travel and have a good experience! Please post links to any bus companies that can connect me from Chicago to Madison! You guys are the best and good luck to everyone here!</p>

<p>us.megabus.com
This service is a miracle for college students. You can get from Madison to Chicago for around $15. You can use it to connect all the way to Cleveland as well.</p>

<p>There must have been a mistake when you were trip planning. Union Station is right in the heart of downtown Chicago. I can’t imagine it would be hard to connect to a bus from there.</p>