Trojan Transfer Plan (TTP) including Study Abroad Info

hi, just wondering if we have a ttp 26 student group chat? or a group chat for kids considering smc next year?

I am a little surprised! On the Facebook forum many parents speak of rejections from TTP, including from places such as Paris regardless of requirements met… Posting here to remind everyone that TTP is not a guarantee and USC seems to be getting more selective this year. Good luck everyone <3

1 Like

I’m curious what FB page/group you saw a rejection, specifically from the Paris TTP group? I have not heard of anyone from an abroad school being rejected (though I did read of a Viterbi TTP applicant who studied at a 4-year university.). It is a stark reminder that this program is definitely not a guarantee!

TTP parents. If you check and scroll through the comments, one parent said student rejected from Paris and met all requirements. So odd

They claimed they met the requirements but I can’t see why USC would reject. I haven’t heard of any 2022 cases either until that comment!

Is anyone else still waiting on their USC TTP decision? Our son (dual legacy) chose to attend another 4-year university instead of abroad or CC. He is a mechanical engineering major (Viterbi) and finished his freshman year with a 4.0 GPA (56 total hours). USC requested his spring grades on Apr 5, he submitted them on May 4. Any idea when the next wave of decisions will come?

1 Like

He should email his advisor! Remind them he sent in his final grades and anxiously awaiting and wants to be sure they aren’t waiting on something else. And mention he hopes to be a Trojan! He really should have heard but there are always stragglers. Sorry he is still in limbo. With those stats, he should be a slam dunk. Keep us posted please.

3.96 GPA 35 Credits TTP Rome for Viterbi with no decision after SGR grades sent in mid-May. Emailing now and will update this thread just wanted to show there are others in a similar position. @murilloa20 @CADREAMIN

Viterbi is always the latest, but usually that refers to decisions in May. This is just so long to wait and it’s so exhausting/stressful for students (and parents) - and then housing decision is late as well. Ugh feel for you all. Good news is they weren’t rejected when those came out so all indication is student will eventually get accepted.

He just received an email from USC informing him that there was an update to his application. Our son has been accepted to Viterbi as a Mechanical Engineer for Fall 2022. This decision made the long wait worth it.

Fight On!

3 Likes

what are the % of players/students that transfer and does it improve your chances?

USC announced that they have discontinued this program. They want to treat all transfers the same.

Can you share where they announced this

3 Likes

Is this true??? Anyone know???

Please take this as ‘hearsay’ as I am only passing along information I have read elsewhere (My daughter was a TTP transfer last year, so I am involved in a FB group for parents of TTP students. The admin of that group posted this back in October 2022):

“For those who had heard the transfer program was being “ Phased out”, or similar…. Just heard from USC Director of Admissions Kirk Brennan. … they are “rebranding” and eliminating “TTP” from the name. The program itself is expanding. They want to make sure all are aware, it is NOT guaranteed admission.”

I have no reason to believe she would make this up, but again, this is not first-hand knowledge on my part. For what it’s worth.

1 Like

They did drop the name “Trojan Transfer Plan” last spring and simply called it Trojan Transfer, so that may be where this is coming from. They were still sending letters with rejections in March that invited some applicants to attend a Trojan Transfer information session in June (which wasn’t offered to everyone in their rejection letter). So it is still rolling.

This program - whatever they end up calling it, is important to their enrollment figures, so I wouldn’t see it going anywhere and understand why they would want to make it bigger - they need legacy enrollments and the dollars they bring with them over the long haul, besides other factors they won’t admit. If anything, they could expand this program and reduce transfers that didn’t apply as freshman or weren’t offered “TTP.” After Nikias increased the transfer population, a lot of folks weren’t pleased, but Folt does like transfers. But they could paint it a different way and still get a certain kind of transfer, the one that brings money along.

5 Likes

Is the TTP or Trojan Transfer offered to nearly all legacy candidates that were denied or is there selectivity or a minimum standard to get the offer? Thanks

I don’t know if this is still true today or not, but at one time, the TTP was offered to legacy candidates with excellent stats and to some freshman applicants with high stats. Because of space constraints, USC cannot admit everyone. This is a win-win situation and also makes sense because of freshman attrition and the money transfers bring in. Many in the TTP went on to do well after USC. Son’s roommate is in a PhD program at an elite UC. Son graduated Summa Com Laude/Phi Beta Kappa and is currently at a T14 law school. Both graduated from USC in 2021 after transferring in the 2018. This is considering that many transfers are looked down upon by peer students who entered USC as freshmen.

1 Like

Does that mean the TTP is not need- blind? When you say legacy candidates, are we really talking about wealthy legacy candidates? Or is TTP known to apply to all legacy candidates?

My previous comment “TTP was offered to legacy candidates with excellent stats and to some freshman applicants with high stats”. Legacy candidates are applicants whose parents (father or mother or both) graduated and are alums of USC. In my son’s case, I am a USC graduate business school alum and my wife is an undergraduate USC business school alum. I believe an applicant can also be a legacy candidate if he/she has a sibling who graduated from USC. But definitely, parents can make the applicant a legacy candidate. My son attended a UC, had a 3.95 freshman GPA in the quarter system before being accepted as a sophomore transfer under the TTP at USC. TTP has to be offered before the person can apply as a TTP. This comment relates to the old TTP. I am not sure if the Trojan Transfer will be like the TTP.

1 Like