Trojan Transfer Plan (TTP) including Study Abroad Info

Okay so I got denied for USC and I was offered the TTP because my dad graduated from USC (business). I’m still kind of confused on this whole TTP thing. I was offered a spot at UCI and UCSB but I applied two very different majors for them. For USC, I applied as a business major, for UCI: business as well, and UCSB:pre film. I was wondering if I can still go to one of the UC’s and transfer later to USC. And if I choose UCSB for pre film can I still transfer to USC later for business or film major. Sorry if my questions are kind of stupid, but I’m really confused. Thanks!

Yes you can def attend a UC. You would come into USCin the major you applied for at USC.

I have two children. The older was accepted as a fall admit into Dornsife class of ‘23. During Trojan Family Weekend at USC in October of 2019, I attended a seminar hosted by admissions for families with younger siblings interested in USC. The attendees were told, by a USC admissions rep, that TTP is automatically offered to rejected SCions. They define SCion as someone having a parent, grandparent, or sibling who attended USC. There was some discussion about whether it mattered if the family member graduated or just attended, and I can’t recall the answer to that. However, since I was keenly interested, I remember with clarity that the admissions rep stated that if you have a sibling currently attending USC, you are considered a SCion and will be offered TTP if you are not admitted on your first try. They also stated that admission through TTP is very, very likely if you follow their advice on how to spend your first year at another school.

I got the ttp plan as a legacy student. I am wondering which countries are usc related campus and do we have to pay all the fees if we study abroad?

@CADREAMIN Just to clarify, I can still go to UCSB for pre film and later transfer under TTP for business? And if I want to change my major once admitted into USC I still can right? Sorry I have so many questions!

USC has TTP programs in Paris, Rome, London, and Switzerland. I was a student in Paris and loved it!

1 Like

D was offered Trojan Transfer Plan. She auditioned for Thornton Popular Music for the Freshman class beginning Fall 2020. If she accepts the Trojan Transfer Plan option and completes a year of college course with the necessary GPA will she likely gain admittance to both USC and her Thornton Popular Music Major that she auditioned for or will she have to re-audition to Thornton Popular Music?

@yesherewego I was wondering how is the film studies program in Paris and do you know if it is possible to get into USC SCA my Sophomore Year in Fall 2021 if I were to complete this program my Freshman Year?

@user_472982 Hi! I know some of my classmates are applying for SCA, but it is definitely harder to get in with that major. However, if you have the requirements, they will accept you for your second choice and you can transfer into your major once your on campus. The whole point of TTP is to take your GE classes as a freshman not at USC so that you can take the important, major specific classes at USC. Most classes you will take if you choose TTP will fill the GE requirements and not have anything to do with your major. However, Paris offers multiple photography classes that transfer and film clubs to join, I know a few people in them:) Seriously consider TTP! It was the best choice I have ever made!!!

I was offered TTP today. If I want study abroad (If this virus situation comes to an end) , when do I apply to those schools? it’s March now… Deciding between one of the other schools I was accepted to but leaning towards going abroad. Do I apply directly to those schools or through USC? June is along time to wait to speak with a counselor at USC about all this. thanks of any info…

1 Like

@yesherewego Thank you for the information, I am definitely considering TTP!

(Sorry I forgot the specify but I applied for the Film Production major in SCA)

Sorry if I get this wrong but, are you saying that I could take classes related or unrelated to film while in Paris, which could translate into the credits needed to get into SCA for Film Production the following school year? And that even if I do not get into SCA for Film Production, but get admitted into the school for my second choice, I will be able to transfer to Film Production before the school year starts?

I hope this made some sense haha

@CADREAMIN When/How does one apply to the abroad programs through TTP?

I just wanted to make sure that I am actually in TTP. Here is what I got from USC:

name, the Viterbi School of Engineering and the Office of Admission have identified you as someone we hope will consider transferring to USC in the future. We hope you will join the Viterbi Pathways Program, a unique opportunity to meet with a Viterbi Admission Counselor and receive individualized, transfer counseling. The Viterbi School wants to help guide you, step-by-step, on the best way to be a competitive transfer applicant. I hope you are interested in this opportunity and want to be considered for future transfer admission to the USC Viterbi School of Engineering. The Viterbi School will be in touch with you in the days ahead to provide more information, including how to set up your first transfer advisement appointment. They will work closely with you to plan out a transfer guide for the next year.

Is this the same thing as TTP? Are there different names?

This looks like something different than TTP

What is this then? I can’t find anything about this on the Internet…

1 Like

@ekhuza That is not TTP. I believe that is a guaranteed transfer program Viterbi offers. You should speak to Viterbi advisors, you will probably be able to email them and they are likely to email you with more information. Ask if it is guaranteed tranfser if you meet conditions.

Is there anywhere on the Internet with details about this? I’m so anxious, and I’m really want to know exactly what this is. :smile:

@pinkeydance you must take the right classes (GEs and math etc) for the business major at USC and get a solid gpa (3.7-3.8) to increase chances of successful transfer. You will have to complete the common app again and apply by Feb 1st, and will be notified between April - June (next year) if admitted sophomore year. A USC advisor will help you understand more at your meeting in June. So you have to make other plans now. You can get someone really helpful or be treated like a second class citizen with TTP in terms of advising. I have received feedback about meetings not going so well and providing little info, and others that went good. Just depends, wish you luck!

Well now I’m really confused about TTP and legacy. My son was rejected today. His father is an MBA grad from Marshall. That make our son a SCion, so technically he should have automatically been offered TTP?

Oopsie. Son was offered TTP after all. I asked to actually read the email and sure enough, TTP was offered. He was so upset to be rejected he didn’t even read the whole letter. Sorry to confuse anyone.