Tuition Exchange for Fall 2021 Applicants

My daughter did get admitted to Pitt, but has not heard anything from Pitt about TE yet.

1 Like

Fingers crossed for her. I hope you hear soon.

1 Like

My DD got an email Monday saying she got TE at Pitt. The email was labeled as a ‘Financial Aid Offer Notification’ and spelled out what she’s be getting each semester.
DH called Tuesday to confirm & ask some follow-up questions. I think my blood pressure has dropped about 30 points since we got the news. Now we’re just waiting for Monday’s Honors College results.

4 Likes

Congratulations! That is very exciting and such a relief to get the news in January.

Congratulations! What a relief that must be.

YES- that’s great news! Fingers crossed that we all get TE somewhere where our kids are excited to go!

2 Likes

Congratulations!

Thanks, everyone! I’m looking forward to seeing where everybody else’s kids get TE.

Wonderful…yes good for the blood pressure ! Congrats!

My son found out today he got Tuition Exchange for Siena (it’s on the bottom of his list so hopeful he will get other schools).

6 Likes

Hmmm. My daughter did not receive an email from PITT saying she did not receive TE, but she also did not receive an email from PITT with a new award letter showing TE. Not sure what to make of that…

Update! I just had my daughter check her PITT financial aid portal and though she has not received a letter yet, she was awarded TE! She is very excited!!

For historical purposes:
Comp Sci major
35 ACT
4.5 weighted GPA (HS school does not rank)
National Honor Society
Several AP classes including Calc BC and enrolled currently in Calc III at University of Illinois through the high school
6 years of FIRST robotics
1 summer of Girls Who Code
Theatre, Madrigals, Choir; regional and state recognition for choir
Part time job

6 Likes

Thanks for the tip to look at FA. She has not received any official notification, but just looked at received TE from PITT as well!

1 Like

Sounds like good news is slowly rolling in. Do we think they roll out announcements based on when apps were submitted?

Congratulations!

Congrats. Such good news as UPitt is listed as a <10% are awarded TE school. You must be just thrilled!

Congratulations!! What a wonderful surprise.

Yes, we are very excited about this one! Thanks everyone. TE is such a great benefit, but the process is a nail-biter! Fingers crossed for all of our kids in this process!

1 Like

Especially interested in where any of the “average” stat kids are applying for TE and getting accepted? (as in GPA 3.5 or less). Sophomore slump hit my kid and even with 4.0’s the rest of the time he won’t be in the tippy top. He has varied EC’s and might pursue something in music which has it’s own acceptances often but trying to look ahead. Not sure if my ex will give any money towards college so finances will be an issue.

So far I only know of 1 TE acceptance for that range, Ripon in WI.

Hi…I am not sure what area of the country you are looking at but my coworker basically told her S to apply to Syracuse University as they always award TE to everyone that is accepted. I have to agree with her logic as graduating with a lot of debt is not desirable and Syracuse is a very decent school. So perhaps have that school on the short list. I have also been reading here that Case Western is very generous with their TE awards as is USC. If I learn of any more where one does not have to sweat out one’s GPA in relation to the other accepted applicants, I will let you know. And long story short, my coworker’s S did go to Syracuse and is thriving and that’s what’s important. To thrive with no debt at the end of the run!