Tulane Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

When’s the earliest deferred students could hear back about admissions/scholarships ?

2 Likes

Reading posts on this website, I have heard some who were deferred learn well before the April 1 date. Since EDII decisions are out, would Tulane announce sooner than later for EA interested deferred students?

Looking at last year’s thread, anything from now to the official date.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response

2 Likes

I guess no scholarship notifications went out today?

1 Like

has anyone heard from Tulane about PT and DHS scholarships ? They came out last year around now.

1 Like

we have not heard about scholarships but received our financial aid info today

My son got in EA (merit and honors program). We recently went to the admitted info session/tour. Our tour guide was great, but it was very disappointing that we traveled from a far distance and we were not permitted to enter any of the buildings. It is still a contender, but a bit of a let down. Any insights on dorm rooms, gym, student center etc? Thx!

1 Like

Similar experience noted from my D who is also a freshman. The students are really well balanced and value their academics. During the week, the dorms are condusive to studying. My D really likes her courses thus far and the teachers so that was a huge win. Still working on finding her “tribe”.

1 Like

What dorm is your daughter in? I heard some were very loud and not conducive to studying

I’m disappointed to hear that they’re still not letting visitors inside buildings. We’re registered for the Honors Weekend program in early March and I was hoping we could get a better feel for the campus by doing something other than just walking around outside.

3 Likes

It does seem weird, especially if everyone wears a mask indoors

@Breagh and @Gagirl73 thanks for posting your comments here. My daughter and I attended an admitted students day last week and were impressed. Students seemed happy and my daughter loved the campus. It was astonishing how many students around campus were wearing Tulane merch (that always seems to be a positive sign for school affinity/spirit to me). @Greg_Rich it was definitely disappointing to not be able to go into any of the buildings (my daughter did go into the administration bldg to use the restroom after the tour – maybe a little peek for you, but not ideal). To enter any bldgs in NOLA requires showing your vax card, so I’m guessing that could be overwhelming on what is a pretty time-constrained tour. But it would have been nice to see dorms and the dining hall. That said, the structure of the time on campus was great and we got a good feel for it all. This is definitely at the top of her list.

6 Likes

I wish we waited for the Honors weekend, but my son was really anxious. Hopefully things will change by then.

Unfortunately, even when masks are required there are morons that refuse to wear one or to cover their noses ( the thing they are expelling air with).
The school likely wants to avoid conflict

3 Likes

Has anyone heard about full scholarships or received financial aid info?

1 Like

we received financial aid info yesterday. very generous, so my D will most likely attend Tulane in the fall (she was accepted EA, not ED). Headed to Honors weekend in late March

3 Likes

That’s fantastic! I’m sure you are relieved. I can second everyone’s comments on here that students at Tulane seem to be extremely happy! So important in the stressful environment some kids are experiencing in college these days.

EA here too. Was it just in portal or did you get email? Anxiously awaiting info but nothing yet!

1 Like

Very nice, congrats. Did u get an email notification or physical mail?