Tulane Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Same here, I feel ur pain.

1 Like

I wish we could find out if stamps has been given out already. Its not likely since it’s only 5, but would be nice to know for sure so we can move on.

1 Like

Is Stamps mainly based on GPA and SAT scores?

I thought the honors announcement is not till Mar 1st or Mar end (so the final scholarships is decided after that)

Did you folks get already the Honors decisions .

I didn’t get any aid and I thought I would get a merit scholarship, but I didn’t. I did get 1 outside scholarship though, and will continue to apply to more :((

We got honor admission with the original acceptance letter.

Older thread saying stamps finalist were taken from PT, DHS pool. We’re are moving on.

1 Like

But the Tulane Honors day (event) invites/decides the scholarships for those who are selected along with the admission on Mar 1st/last week (Is that not the case).

I saw someone said they got $X aid for Honors and that’s why my question was.

Thanks

minimal aid here for D22. it’s putting it lower on our list as it’s quite expensive!!!

2 Likes

It is my D’s first choice, so I am very, very grateful she was accepted, especially with the way things have been this year. Still, just kind of just feeling :nauseated_face: about the cost. This is my first college kid, so this is my first time really contemplating what colleges cost now, and Tulane is one the most expensive schools I have come across, alothough it seems that most private schools are only a couple thousand apart at this point.

1 Like

I don’t think this is correct, but maybe someone else who is more familiar can answer. I believe the Honors invitation are sent with acceptances and have no relation to whether you recieve merit which I also believe is offered at the time of acceptance, other than the PT and DHS scholarships which were already awarded, and Stamps (I do not know if Stamps has been released yet).

Have you used the net price calculator for Tulane? It should give you a decent idea for what the costs are likely to be, unless there are special circumstances (you own your own business, own multiple properties, etc). If the costs are not affordable (or you do not want to pay the cost), are there options that your D has applied to that are within the budget?

Yes, Tulane already posted the cost to attend in her portal (they already have all our financials and calculated). It’s just under $84K a year, not counting her merit which brings it down a bit. The other schools we are awaiting a decision for are all in the 80K all-in range, assuming she doesn’t receive any merit, and although it would be a huge surprise if she did, it isn’t likely at all. The really affordable options are in-state of course. We haven’t gotten back a decision from the two in-state schools yet, but D truly doesn’t want to stay in State for a few reasons, the most important of which is they are very large, which isn’t ideal for her, tbh. So I guess it’s just a huge awakening. I was just hoping for a bump up in merit after PT decisions, and when that didn’t happen, reality set in. My fault for not reeling in my expectations.

Another way to get much less expensive tuition is to apply to less selective schools, private or public, with lower costs and more generous merit. For example, my daughter could’ve attended Villanova, but chose UDel for half of the cost. She will be attending BU for grad school (they gave her merit). We did not save nearly enough money to spend $300,000+ on their undergrad education.

4 Likes

has anyone done the bienvenue tu interview? what is that like? how do i prepare for that?

If I have the Deans Honors Scholarship currently, is it possible to get the Stamps Scholarship? Or only who got a DHS/PT reject eligible for that award

Yes, she definitely should have applied to more schools with a lower cost, 300K for college isn’t affordable for anyone. I have noticed though that lower selectivity doesn’t always correlate with lower cost. Some less selective schools are still a fortune. But there are schools that could have been added to her list for sure.

3 Likes

Maybe u r right.

I thought the Honors weekend (1st wk of Mar and last wk of Mar) have additional details or aid allocation.

That’s what I thought/assumed was (logic being, by that time, Tulane may know more about acceptance )

Let’s see 

@Rali_Jan, I imagine you are a Regular Decision applicant? It is my understanding that the offer of Honors comes with your acceptance letter - or that it did for students who applied ED1, ED2, and EA. My son was an EA applicant who received the offer with the admission letter. I am not sure how a RD applicant will be able to attend and Honors Weekend if they have not actually been admitted yet? It is a valid question and I would ask the Admissions office about the timing.

You are correct , the offer comes with acceptance but my question is 
 does it change “before/after Honors day”

(Disclosure : My D has EA and I also work with few students who did both RA too so the questions :slight_smile: )