Tulane Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

I have had someone reach out that they are in the interview process of the Stamps, so notifications were sent out for interviews a few days after the PT/DHS announcements. For future years their process happened similar to my daughter’s. A no on the PT/DHS, a modest bump in merit with that no and then a few days letter the invite to interview for the Stamps.

2 Likes

I was wondering who I reach out to discuss my merit award. Wouldnt that be the admissions office vs the financial aid office? If it is the admissions office, should I contact my admissions officer or someone else who specificaly works with the merit stuff? I did reach out to my admissions officer but she never responded. Actually, she rarely responded to any email I sent over the last year so Im not sure if I should try her again or just go to someone else. thanks for the help

That’s interesting. My admissions officer told me on Friday that they hadn’t sent out the invites yet and would be offering interviews to the finalists over the next couple of weeks.

1 Like

She also said that the finalists were being selected from the pool of students who won DHS or PTA…strange!

1 Like

Admissions.

They DO get picked from that pool. It just seems that since 2020 the Stamps finalists have been told no on DHS/PT and then later notified about Stamps interviews.

And in years previous to 2020 the Stamps finalists heard about Stamps BEFORE the PT/DHS were sent out so there wasn’t this big disappointment before hearing about the Stamps possibilities. Which is why I share each year how it has been happening lately so people don’t lose hope even though it might only be 5 that still have hope.

2 Likes

thanks. i was figuring it was Admissions but do you have any thoughts on who to contact. My AO, rarely responds to any emails I have sent

For those who were accepted after deferral - did Tulane send out any swag or welcome packet in the mail?

1 Like

Is their portal down?

1 Like

I don’t know, but mine keeps switching between working and not working.

1 Like

AO told me she was too busy to talk but I could email her my questions :woman_shrugging: They were complicated.
So after several attempts, I was finally able to talk to someone in FA but she could not answer all my questions about merit.
Good luck.

its complicated because I need to speak to someone and I already emaled my AO. I dont want to be a pain and email her again but I also worry about stepping on her toes by asking someone else for help. ugh

mine is not working either

Same sandbox11, my DD’s AO said Stamps interview invites still in process and will go out in the next few weeks. I believe the eligible pool of candidates are those that applied for but did NOT get offered PT Award or DHS…

2 Likes

My AO said the pool was only the people who won the DHS or PTA, so if they didn’t end up getting Stamps, they still had their full tuition award. But who knows!

2 Likes

This is incorrect. It says right on the Tulane site that stamps is from pt and dhs applicants who did not receive those awards

1 Like

No big envelop this year

Where do you see that? If she’s incorrect, that would be quite embarrassing for her.

Actually it says to be considered you need to
1 apply Ed/ea
2 apply for pt/dhs

It doesn’t say specifically that the pool of applicants are those who didn’t get pt or dhs but why would they give a full ride stamps award to someone who already won a full ride with pt or dhs. That doesn’t make sense to me.

You can just google Tulane stamps and it takes you right to the merit awards

That’s right. And anyway at this point it doesn’t matter. All scholarship recipients have been notified.