Tulane Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

New Blog post from Tulane

https://admissionblog.tulane.edu/2022/03/15/how-to-stay-admitted/

The person that reached out to me about my Ds Stamp process reached out to say they had been awarded the scholarship.

1 Like

Ugh

Does anyone know how to appeal a financial aid decision? Daughter and I thought the financial would come out to $1,000 per year and it’s around $7,000.

Ok, Tulane’ the last one for my daughter, and from what I’ve heard they don’t accept anyone RD, it’s almost entirely ED. So this decision is more like closure, so we can take them permanently off the list! Anybody know when they’ll finally release (literally) the RD applicants?

1 Like

I was told all decisions would be out by April 1st. Same boat - at this point just want to officially close the book!

3 Likes

Do we know if anyone deferred got notified yet ?

I think RD and deferred EA/ED applicants are hearing are hearing back at the same time frame. And I think it’s rolling because I’ve seen some applicants get a decision.

1 Like

Yes, my EA deferred daughter heard back mid-Feb.

2 Likes

Oh wow! Congrats! That was quick! Wonder why they got deferred in the first place ? I am going to assume mine has been denied at this point.

2 Likes

Mine did too!

1 Like

Is there anything your kids did after deferral that made a difference? Mine sent the LOCI, wrote the admission’s officer, and sent the mid-year report.

Mine did the same.

1 Like

Hmmm….lots of demonstrated interest ? Mine did not have that. She did tell the AO it was her top choice and sent in straight A’s first semester. BUT did go test optional

Maybe- she brought up very specific things about the school in her LOCI and made it personal.

3 Likes

Mine sent the LOCI and mid-year report. Lots of demonstrated interest.

I think the demonstrated interest part was huge. I feel like if she had applied ED that there would have been a great shot. We could not afford for her to do that without knowing about money.

I am trying to spread the word on this. I also would not allow my daughter to apply ED, and her top three choices were UT, Tulane, and USC. She communicated to Tulane admissions that Tulane was her top choice (she was not expecting to get into USC - her large public school does not send many kids to USC). She did all of the following things: interview at Tulane, went to the Tulane session at a hotel in our city, spent HOURS on her “why Tulane” interview, etc. She also made sure Tulane knew she was not able to apply ED. She got into Tulane EA and is committing tomorrow. (She also got into UT Austin and TCU among some other great schools.). She picked Tulane because she wanted a new experience in a new city with kids from all over. Tulane’s new business building is gorgeous and blew me away as a parent, along with their new Sophie Newcomb institute). All the students seem happy there, and it just feels so unique. If you want to go to Tulane, please communicate clearly with them! They want students who really want to be there.

6 Likes

Mine had an interview and conveyed to her AO that it was her first choice and she was not able to apply ED, but still has not heard after deferral.

I sure hope she gets in! I’ll be pulling for her.