Tulane Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

There was an article in the Hullabaloo about how stressed Architecture students are. Then I learned that 3 students from SCAD died by their own hands in their program, within a very short period of time, so it’s concerning. Very.

1 Like

Award letter date column is on the css dashboard showing all colleges you selected that participate in this program.

For those who didn’t see the architecture piece, here’s the link. And yes, it was very concerning. I would love to know how the stress is felt by Tulane’s architecture students compared to students in other B. Arch programs.

1 Like

I’m so nervous for tomorrow

4 Likes

The blog linked here is NOT the official Tulane admissions blog. It is from a site that is designed to look like Tulane’s admissions blog, but it is not. It is a a site called admissions.blog that makes random comments about many different schools.

Here is the link to Tulane’s legitimate admissions blog:
https://admissionblog.tulane.edu/

The last post on the legitimate blog was posted on December 10 by Owen Knight. The December 13 post linked here is not reliable.

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow.

3 Likes

Me too! Less than 24 hrs to go…

3 Likes

The information was taken from an email sent by tulane’s admissions department to counselors so all the info is accurate. (I read the email sent to counselors)

3 Likes

8 hours to go. Let’s do this. Chance me.

3.9 GPA UW (4.3W); 1370 SAT; 6 APs; 2 varsity sports; several clubs, including President of one, leadership roles in others; lot of community service - this was the focus of my Why Tulane essay; demonstrated interest, including campus visit & tour; undecided major, maybe social sciences or education.

1 Like

Good luck.

3 Likes

Good luck everyone! We are expecting deferral, just from everything we have heard about the process this time. D is a strong candidate (including solid demonstrated interest), but I feel it will be a blood bath.

1 Like

Right there with you @notuwash. We’ve prepped our son for the same. With a 10% EA rate, 90 out of 100 students with be in the same boat. Truly seems like luck at this stage of the game! You all have support whichever way it lands :slight_smile:

3 Likes

try to stay positive everyone. good luck

2 Likes

Good Luck to all. Wondering if the 12 slide art portfolio I submitted added value to my application.

2 Likes

how could it not?! Good luck

3 Likes

Good luck to all! My D is being the level headed one reminding me that she loves her safety school so no matter what happens she will be just fine.

5 Likes

That’s a great attitude to have! My son is the same way. He would love to get into Tulane, but it won’t be the end of the world if he doesn’t.

5 Likes

same here. D is absolutely expecting deferral. She will be disappointed nevertheless. blood bath is a fitting description! good luck to all!

2 Likes

New post today on the Tulane admissions blog:

I’ve Been Deferred. Now What? | Undergraduate Admission Blog (tulane.edu)

6 Likes

WOW! What a very informative yet realistic Tulane blog. It definitely says something about the competitive cycle this year. When Tulane devotes an entire blog to potential Deferred students it really speaks volumes on what’s ahead. Again, good luck to everyone. I love my journey!!!

6 Likes