U Scranton EA Class of 2024

Just wanted to start the feed so we can stress together, get advice, etc. Good luck everyone!!

How will applicants be notified ? Mail? Online?

Just started a similar post before I saw this one. DD has applied for the DPT direct-admit. Already has a few acceptances to other programs, but Scranton ticks most of her must-have boxes and is closer to home so we are (im)patiently waiting for a decision. Good luck to everyone!

I saw on last year’s thread that EA applicants were notified mostly via a letter and not until mid-December (around 12/12/18). Most said their portal was not updated. The merit decisions also came with their acceptance. Fingers crossed!

Just curious of those that applied EA. What are your STAT’s. GPA, SAT, ACT.

I’m honestly not expecting to get in as my STATS are pretty low.
GPA: 3.01
SAT: 1230 superscore, 1220 normal

My DS’s stats are:
GPA 4.45 unweighted/4.0 weighted
SAT: 1360
ACT: 31
7 AP classes
Scranton is one of his top choices. Good luck everyone!

SAT - 1310
GPA - 97.99 weighted (school doesn’t use 4.0, yay)
Good ECs, good essays probably, hopefully alright LORs.

Good luck!!

Oops, I forgot to include my kids stats. ACT 33, GPA 4.48 out 4.5, 5 AP’s, all rest of classes were honors. Lots of extra curricular, NHS, NSS, varsity athlete(4), & officer, Plus lots of volunteering and she has a job and is a licensed swim instructor.

Scranton posted on their admissions instagram that they have begun filling out their admitted packets!

I saw!! Omg I am so scared and excited all at once

Also, I did in school volunteering, volunteering at a nursing home, and I had at home obligations. Essay that I worked on for almost two years and really good LORs. Good luck everyone, acceptance packages are being mailed soon!!

Did anyone get an email saying Scranton now super scores the ACT?? We did and it brings my D score up from 25 to 26. Prob is some of the science and math is lower and she is applying to nursing. Should we send in the Super score to bump her up despite lower science and math scores?

@LBIcollege if they show improvement send your scores. Every point helps. See conversion from 2018 from act.
https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/pdf/guide-2018-act-sat-concordance.pdf

S20 (#1) accepted 1380 SAT 30 ACT 4.0 uw gpa for biology
deans scholarship ($26,500/yr)

S20 (#2) accepted 26 ACT 3.65 uw gpa for nursing
loyola scholarship ($17,000/yr)

@SAD1010 Congrats!

Congrats!!

Congratulations!

That’s great Congrats! How did you hear?

Accepted!
29 ACT
4.0 w gpa
loyola scholarship(23,000/year)