UA Honors College: Do I stand a chance?

<p>I don’t think I got accepted initially into the honors college… I reeeaally wanna go and I’ve thought about applying for the review but I don’t know if I stand a chance (my stats aren’t the greatest)… but if I had good enough essays, do you guys think I could get in?</p>

<p>here are my stats:</p>

<p>GPA: 3.07 (unweighted), 3.32 (weighted)
SAT: 1740</p>

<p>ECs: Key Club for 3 years and secretary senior year
SADD for 3 years
Photography Club for 3 years
piano (2 years) and violin lessons (8 years on and off, not in orchestra in high school)</p>

<p>And I’m Iranian if that counts for anything…</p>

<p>Also almost all of my classes were either honors or AP (UHS)</p>

<p>What do you guys think? :/</p>

<p>I wouldn’t count you out. I’m not sure what exactly the qualifications are for the Honors College. My friend was accepted (without writing the additional essay) and her SAT was around yours, a bit higher (in the 1800s) but she also is third in our class with a 4.8 something weighted and 3.97 unweighted. I too was accepted without writing the additional essay but my stats were a little higher. </p>

<p>I think if you write a strong essay to the honors prompt you have an okay shot!</p>

<p>I got accepted with an 1820 sat, 28 act & a 4.27 weighted gpa (3.83 unweighted), & I didn’t write the essay. I think if your essay is strong you have a shot. Definitely apply</p>

<p>Oh wow thanks guys! and does it matter that I didn’t do much with my summers? this past summer (before senior year) i volunteered at the library, along with my violin and piano lessons, but i mean other than that i didn’'t do much… i know a lot of people from Amigos who got in so xP
but really thank you guys for your responses. my counselor pretty much said that there wasn’t a chance i would get in, but this really gave me hope</p>