UA posted 2019 Scholarships Today

Thank thank you for your comment.
I respect and appreciate your opinion.
Yes— we made the decision to accept UA on the terms for her class of 2022 when she decided that was her choice.
We did not know that the scholarship would change again for the next year…
In saying that, I respect that the University may not make any changes for 2022.
It hurts knowing that one year before or one year later- her amount would have been significantly higher for the same academic stats.

But we will move forward and support our daughter and support UA, fully.

rolltide

Thank you for sharing.
I respect your opinion.
And yes, Alabama, was and is the right choice for our daughter.
The change in scholarship “hurts” knowing that her credentials are in line with all other Presidential award packages of years before and after her.
Due to her class year, she receives substantially less in a merit package.

But, we will move forward and support our daughter and the university fully.

Always always learning.

rolltide

It is what it is, and it’s certainly within UA’s rights to change the terms however and whenever they want. But I don’t blame any new family for being disappointed that the high school Class of 2018 got the short end of the stick. I would feel the same way. It’s a completely human reaction.

Thank you for acknowledging this about the class of 2018.

We will move forward, but it “hurts” getting $24,000 less than all other ACT’s with a 32.

I completely understand your frustration/disappointment. The $24,000 difference is a LOT of money.

My son had been talking about going to UA since around the middle of freshman year. Now that his turn has come to apply, we were holding our breaths UA wouldn’t change the merit requirements again. Being OOS, he/we needed the scholarship money for UA to have remained an option. Fortunately merit for a 30 ACT remained the same. He would have been really disappointed if it didn’t.

I wish your daughter (and all of the other incoming class) much success at UA!

Thank you for your kind reply!!
Our daughter is thrilled about going to UA.
The merit money for her score, in her particular class, has been discouraging.
But we will choose to move forward and support her, completely.

I am hoping to put this behind us, so she can start the year with a positive mindset.

Wishing your son the best!!!

Thanks again for your reply.

My daughter (class of 2018) is in the same situation. We accepted the AWESOME merit UA scholarship and are VERY thankful for their generosity but I am a little torn that the year before her and year after her received or will receive more. I am just curious what the offices told you. Do you care to comment on what they said?