UA Sailing Club

<p>Malanai, I posted in another thread about this topic but im afraid it was lost in the shuffle. You posted that your son had started a sailing club. I’m a student at UA and would love to get involved with the club. Is there a web page i could visit or any other way to contact one of the members?</p>

<p>Hey bamablake, I just spoke to my son about your interest. If you (or any other interested party) don’t mind sending me your contact info in a PM, my son will get ahold of you directly. </p>

<p>He says they have a Facebook page but it’s still underdeveloped.</p>

<p>Thanks for your interest.</p>

<p>Sent from my PC36100 using CC App</p>

<p>How fun!!! Sailing…</p>

<p>Malanai…is your son’s group affiliated in any way with the rec center? If not, the rec center might be able to assist them in some way.</p>

<p>Where is the sailing? Black Warrior River, Lake Tuscaloosa? I’m curious, and impressed!</p>

<p>The fledgling UA Sailing Club sails out of the Tuscaloosa Sailing Club facility on Lake Tuscaloosa. The club’s faculty sponsor is Randy McCready, Director of the Alabama Natural History Museum, a member of the UA Outdoor Action staff, and former Commodore of the Tuscaloosa Sailing Club.</p>

<p>Randy is the first Alabaman we met on our visit to UA one year ago. He’s a great guy who uttered one of my favorite quotes about Alabama during our visit: “We’re backwoods, not backwards.”</p>

<p>I’m not sure about the extent to which the UA Sailing Club is or is not affiliated with the rec center. They just began to get organized late last fall. Though the club is recreational at this point, my son’s dream is to have a club advanced enough to compete intercollegiately by his junior or senior year. It’s a tall order, but hey . . . Roll Tide.</p>

<p>The club is co-ed and open to anyone interested in sailing, whether or not you have any experience. My son is a competitive sailor when home in Hawaii and a U.S. Sailing Certified Instructor. He, Randy, and their colleagues welcome one and all.</p>