UA vs. UGA (Busines Major)

I’ve been trying to decide between UA and UGA for a while. I was leaning towards UGA until I learned that I would know no other guys going and it’s starting to become a little late to find a roommate. I was admitted into both honors programs, and Including tuition, fees, rooming, and a meal plan, UA would be about 20k less per year than UGA. I want to join a fraternity and be really social but also focus on school. I was hoping to get a little advice from anyone who experienced a similar situation. Thanks

If you are concerned about finding a roommate/housing, have you deposited yet at UA, etc.? Because it’s kinda late here, too.

<<<<
, UA would be about 20k less per year than UGA. I want to join a fraternity and be really social but also focus on school. I was hoping to get a little advice from anyone who experienced a similar situation. Thanks

[QUOTE=""]

[/QUOTE]

What are your parents saying? Will they happily pay $80k MORE for you to go to UGa? Many parents won’t do that.

You’ll have frat costs as well.

Bama seems like the better choice in this situation.

To get a roommate at Bama, I suggest you join the FB class group.

$20K per year difference is big imho. I don’t see how UGA beats out UA at that price point.

UGA is approximately 89% in state students. HOPE keeps many Georgia students in state. My husband earned his MAcc and BBA from UGA. He enjoyed his time there, and has done well in his profession. All of our kids were auto admits, but they chose to attend Bama instead. Either is a good choice. When comparing admission stats it should be noted that UGA super scores. Bama does not. I definitely wouldn’t spend the extra $.