UC Admissions - What's Up with April 4?

<p>Why do a several campuses host accepted students day on the same day? What’s the point? Sure, with multiple campuses, conflicts will occur, but why not schedule over three weekends in April?</p>

<p>I know! It's so annoying!</p>

<p>I know, are we supposed to hit all the UCs in a one day power road trip?</p>

<p>I heard they like to do it to get a better idea of how many admits are considering their school...</p>

<p>I really don't know if there is any truth to that statement, because you'd think they'd want to attract more students to their school that aren't considering it.</p>

<p>I guess that somewhat makes sense...since you'd probably choose to visit your first choice. But what if you're deciding between two schools?</p>

<p>Oh well, I think I know where I'll be on April 4th.</p>

<p>I chose not to visit either (UCSB or UCSD). I'm visiting both campuses on a school day so that I get a better sense of what the campus is like on an ordinary day.</p>

<p>^ better idea...</p>

<p>Apparently the only good things about those days are to convince concerned parents that you are not attending a "party school" or to find a roommate.</p>

<p>My dad is fine with me going to UCSB because he knows I'm responsible and I'm not that into parties anyways. When do we find out who our roommates are? I was thinking that I could find someone at orientation, but is that too late?</p>

<p>Like other things, the UC campuses don't coordinate when each should have their large programs. Each campus chooses the dates that work best for their campus facilities and staffing. We also try to arrange them with spring breaks.</p>

<p>you find out your roommate in late july/mid august. and it is too late to find someone at orientation as you fill out your roommate questionaire and roommate request shortly after submitting your SIR</p>