UC application appeal process

<p>I’ve heard that even if you get rejected from UC type schools, they have a system of appealing and pretty good amount of students get in from there. Is that true? If so, how does the process work?</p>

<p>I'm not sure about the "pretty good amount", but some people do get in. If you're gonna appeal, make sure you have substantial new information that will have a significant impact. Otherwise, it'll just be a waste of time for you and for the admissions officers.</p>

<p>You have to write a letter to them and attach supporting documents that would help your case. A simple "UCB appeal" or "UCLA appeal" on google would lead you to their websites.</p>

<p>I was accepted to UC Berkeley off of an appeal and sillyworld is right, there aren't too many people that get into UC's that way. The best thing to do is compile a packet consisting of letters of recommendation from teachers at your school (the best ones are those who have known you for some time), employers, school counselors, etc. Anyone who can vouch for you as a person and that has played some prominent role in your life. You can also add some from your family, if you wish. My mother included a personal letter with my appeal. It depends on how you wish to angle it. The best thing to do is try and analyze your original UC application, as critically as possible, and try to figure out what could have made the admissions officers deny you. You may not find any problems, though. Sometimes, there just isn't enough room in the university :(. I touched on the flaws within my essay and strengthened them in my appeal by outlining exactly where I went wrong in the presentation of myself, a bit more of what I had to go through in high school while keeping my grades together, and then tied it together nicely at the end. This part should NOT be long, typically a page to a page and a half. The admissions officers have to re-read your ENTIRE application, then they read your appeal packet, so you don't want to be too wordy. They typically get back to you sometime in early May. At least, Berkeley did for me. Hope this helps!</p>