UC Berkeley Chances? also UCLA

I’m an Asian male living in Washington. My UC gpa is 4.52 (4.0 unweighted), however, I’m pretty sure its capped at 4.30 or something. I got a 1570 on the SAT, 770 on reading. 800 on Math 2, and 790 on Chemistry subject tests. 7 APs (10th and 11th grade). For my ECs, I played violin since 2nd grade and will play in all-state (not all-state but the orchestra I’m doing has the same skill requirement) senior year. I got into varsity track junior year for 100m and 200m dash, attended state track meets and placed 2nd and 3rd in my events. I did NHS and MUN. Volunteered 100+ hours for my violin teacher teaching kids. I took a few coding classes over the summer and interned at my dad’s company in China over sophomore year summer.
For UCLA specifically, my brother recently graduated from that school.

Can you afford OOS prices for the UCs?

yea the prices aren’t really a problem for me

You look like a competitive applicant so if your family can afford $65K+/year to attend, you have a good chance at an acceptance. UC’s do not consider legacy so your brother graduating from UCLA will have no bearing on your chances.

What is your intended major?

UC capped weighted maximum is 4.4 but UC’s consider all UC GPA’s (Unweighted, Capped Weighted and Fully weighted).

2018 Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 4.20 or above capped weighted and not major specific:
UCB: 37%
UCLA: 41%

2018 UC capped weighted GPA averages:
UCB: 4.23
UCLA: 4.23

2018 Data:
25th - 75th percentiles for SAT:

UCB: 1360-1540

UCLA: 1340-1540

Best of luck.

I’m hoping for computer science, if not engineering is will do.

Below is UCLA’s CS admission information and if you are targeting EECS at UCB, it should be similar. Hopefully you are also applying to UW.

The admit rate for UCLA CS for the fall of 2018 is 8.2%. The average CS act score is a 35 and the SAT is a 1550 average.

you look competitive but, lots of applicants with your stats get rejected at both so, PLEASE apply broadly.

good luck.

Good luck