UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

There are many students still on the waitlist. No denials have been sent yet.

2 Likes

When do you think they will stop admitting students? I donā€™t wanna be stressed foreverā€¦

1 Like

Me tooā€¦every day checking the MAP and no response at all :melting_face:

1 Like

Last year, UCB closed the waitlist in July and the year before in June. Once they hit their enrollment target, they will send denials and close their waitlist. There is no reason you cannot move on with your plans for the school you SIRā€™d or you can ask to withdraw from the waitlist if the waiting is causing you stress.

Would anyone know how many people Cal admitted in the waves on May 8 and 23?

Did anyone receive admission to FPF pathway in these waves? How/when did Cal offer FPF pathway decisions in previous years?

There was some talk previously about Cal offering some additional in-state acceptances (in a bid to take 3k additional in-state across UCā€™s) - did that happen already?

Not sure Cal is going to take anymore off the waitlist at this point.

It seems they are now placing freshmen in temporary housing for the fall (lounge converted to rooms again) until space open ups. There is no more actual rooms available.

This is coming from multiple posts on a parents of UCB page I belong to.

1 Like

I had called the admissions office and was told that waitlist would be open until August.

They told me the same today that they expect more movements on the waitlist between now and August.

any appeal decisionļ¼Ÿ

1 Like

havenā€™t heard anything back

Has any of you guys heard back from Appeals yet?

not yet

Any more admits since the May 23rd?

Nothing for us.

Does anyone know if the ā€œForbiddenā€ message still works? I last checked mine about 10 days ago and it said ā€œNot Authorizedā€ but just now when I logged in, I got ā€œForbiddenā€. PS: Iā€™m on the waitlist.

are you a freshman? or transfer

Freshman. Applied for Econ major.

What is the forbidden message? I am also on the waitlist and Iā€™m curious.

Check the Berkeley Portal Astrology 2027 thread. I donā€™t have the actual link on my phone to send you (itā€™s on my desktop at home) but if I remember correctly start checking posts around March 20th.

You likely got off the waitlist. I remember hearing others who got off go from not authorized to forbidden!