UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

Congrats! Were you also able to upload your resume when you opted in to the waitlist?

No I was not given the option

@NathanA2C @zxyei Any updates on ur appeals? I’m still waiting

My son got off the waitlist for L&S on the same day as the others above. His primary major selection during the initial application was economics. I called Undergraduate Admissions today to clarify the acceptance letter, and here is the information I’ve received: apparently, a student is undeclared when he or she is accepted to L&S. When the time comes for declaring a major, the student will be guaranteed his initial major selection, assuming he meets the school’s requirements (GPA and Prerequisites).

My son was given a chance to upload his mid-year transcript when he opted into the waitlist. He would be withdrawing his acceptance from the UCSD economics/math joint major. The greeting recording at admissions still refers to August 1st as the cut-off date for the waitlist decisions.

Good luck to all the others still waiting for a decision. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Gumbymom for her leadership and support of this group.

8 Likes

Nothing yet

Berkeley Appeal Rejected. UCLA ‘27!

5 Likes

I’m still waiting over here :confused: congrats on ucla!

2 Likes

Congratulations and welcome to be Bruins!!

1 Like

Any acceptance this week?

Does the waitlist close today?

nope. waitlist will close on aug, 1st

Not waiting for Cal, but friends are. Ucla pulled from wl this morning various majors. See ucla CC.

1 Like

Has anyone got off for bio

1 Like

For anyone who got off WL did you get off for an alternate major?
Apparently someone in this thread did
Though I did go to the Berkeley Admissions Office in person and they said they did not consider it

Has UC Berkeley sent any rejections to waitlisted students?

My daughter just got off the waitlist for College of Letters and Sciences. What the heck it is July :sob:.

2 Likes

Amazing! So, what next?

1 Like

UCB has been known to admit waitlisted students until August so no surprise. Is she considering accepting the offer or remain with her current school UCSD?

Got off the waitlist to molecular environmental biology around an hour and 15 minutes ago. Found this thread and thought I’d leave a message too

6 Likes

My guess is she sticks with UCSD. Likely wants to adventure further from home (which is only a 15 minute walk from campus), especially since I’m sure housing would be tough and she will NOT want to live at home (plus her little sister is looking forward to taking over her bedroom lol). Nice to be admitted, though! Congratulations to all who get in this round. Hard to turn down a UC that is perhaps better than UCSD for social sciences, but in the grand scheme for a kid who really doesn’t know what she wants to study yet, I’m not sure it’s a huge. Will discuss tonight. :grinning:

2 Likes