UC Davis Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Daughter accepted.
Political science.
In state. ELC. 6 APs.
Lots of extracurriculars, leadership, work.
3.97 UW
4.34 CW

4 Likes

Probably my top choice is Berkeley and UCLA but I’d like Irvine too lmao

In terms of the schools that I have right now, I’m really leaning towards either UC Santa Cruz Regents, UIUC Computer Engineering or Purdue engineering.

UIUC is probably my top choice out of the ones I have right now (computer Engineering is ranked #6 nationally) but my parents are hesitant at the cost for OOS.

3 Likes

Good luck. You won’t go wrong with any of these choices.

1 Like

On average they admit about 33% of the applicants so around 32,000+ to get a class around 7000.

UCD received a little over 87K applicants last year.

2 Likes

I read they received over 110,000 this year?

1 Like

That may include Transfers. According to the UCOP data, they got 94,725 Freshman applicants.

4 Likes

My daughter was Waitlisted for Computer Science (Letters & Science).

In-state
UW: 3.95
UC Weighted Capped: 4.28
UC Weighted Uncapped: 4.64

Congrats to all who were admitted and good luck to all on the Waitlis!

7 Likes

I got in and am super happy!

However, my MyAwards account isn’t working, it says I need two step verification and I can’t receive the code sent through email so now I can access the MyAwards. Do you know I should do?

3 Likes

It happened to me too. The email took about 15 min to show up in the email account. Just stay tuned.

2 Likes

UCD occasionally considers alternate majors but does not list the criteria of when they review an applicant for an alternate major.

1 Like

I am still having this issue as well and I haven’t been able to log on since I got the login ID months ago after I applied…is it working for you now?

Son waitlisted. Mechanical Engineering.
In state.
4.0/

3 Likes

Son waitlisted. Mechanical Engineering.
In state.
4.0 unweighted/4.22 weighted/4.35 UC GPA
Hasn’t decided if he’ll accept or decline.
Accepted to UIUC, Purdue, and Cal Poly SLO

5 Likes

She’s got SLO. I would kill to swap admits with you. SLO is my personal #1 but for some reason my son is just smitten with UCSB. Interestingly he once sent me a video where they referred to UCSB as the University of Casual Sex and Beer. He swears he simply loves their CE program.

2 Likes

DD accepted for biochemistry and microbiology. OOS 4.0 unweighted and I couldn’t figure out the weighted/capped thing for her b/c I wasn’t sure which classes would count.

3 Likes

Yes, this is really stupid but it turned out I was using my COSMOS login instead of my actual login (I attended UC Davis COSMOS this past summer and had my own login for that). Once I plugged in the correct one, it worked. I would recommend making sure that your login ID is right.

2 Likes

Haha I hadn’t heard that one! Wonder what the CE stands for! :rofl:

Yes, we’re super happy about SLO so definitely not complaining. Hmm, wonder what SLO stands for? :flushed:

1 Like

Son waitlisted for CS.
4.0 unweighted
max capped UC GPA

He got in better CS schools so it’s a bit of a surprise.

Congratulations to all those who got accepted.

3 Likes

He probably thinks it means Casual Entanglements.

3 Likes

DD rejected
3.95 UW, 4.17 UC
Managerial Economics
Lots of leadership, volunteer, sports, etc
Just incredibly competitive I suppose.