UC Davis Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

S22 waitlisted in Data Science. :smirk:

1 Like

Dang. I assume he would have taken SJSU SE anyway?

Looking at the posts, it seems most of the wait-lists are high stats CS or related major applicants.

6 Likes

Out of State - Massachusetts
Daughter admitted - Animal Sciences

4 Likes

Same we are having this issue.

Nice!

Does anyone know if the $2,400 University Grant is so you don’t have to pay for the UCs’ health insurance, or could health fees be waived (with prove of private policy) on top of this? That’s about the amount of the fee.

My kid was able to get it to work on his phone. He got to some screen for picking security questions.

2 Likes

You can waive the health fees if you show proof of private insurance. My sibling did this.

4 Likes

Thanks! I do know that, but what I’m wondering about is: my child as well as the person who posted their award screenshot is being offered a $2400 University Grant. I’ve heard (from someone admitted a couple of years ago) that this just means you don’t have to pay for the health insurance. If that is what it is, I assume we can’t “double dip” and get another approx. $2,400 off?

2 Likes

Which better schools did he got accepted?

1 Like

Ohhhh, I don’t know about that. I just texted my sibling and they checked their bill. The health insurance this year was $919 per quarter, so I don’t think it goes with the $2400. It sounds like you can use it for whatever you want as long as your total award is not more than your total cost of attendance (after the waiver).

1 Like

S22 was accepted to Caltech and selected as USC Merit finalist (engineering major) but he was waitlisted at Davis. What does this mean for him? Is UCLA or Berkeley still in the picture? Yield protection?

7 Likes

In-State (norcal) daughter waitlisted for Biology
4.0 uw 4.2 (capped UC) 4.5
early acceptance at SDSU, CSULB and UCSC so far

Unbelievable how a lot of high stat kids are being waitlisted or rejected. My son was class of 2020 with same stats as my daughter and got in to UCLA. Most of his friends who didn’t rank in top 20 of his HS got in to UCD.

3 Likes

Lol. Wow just Wow. Something is screw up!

That was only good enough for a WL at Davis for a woman CS major??? Geez!!!

2 Likes

Georgia tech, UIUC, Cal poly.

4 Likes

Nice!

My son with similar stat and wait list for CS. Lol.

2 Likes

That doesn’t make sense … as you say, its random enough, that i wouldn’t assume your D isn’t going to get into UCLA or UCB notwithstanding this surprising result.

3 Likes

Same with my S22

2 Likes

You’ve heard from Caltech? I thought that they released decisions tomorrow.