UC Davis Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

According to UC Davis’ website, DS is found in the College of Letters and Sciences but it is an interdisciplinary major between the College of L&S and Engineering so similar to the CS major found in the College.

Since UCD does not publish any specific freshman admit data (stats) by major, I cannot really comment on the difficulty or ease of getting into the major.

3 Likes

D22 is not one of the many CS majors here. So my question does not pertain to that major. In fact, the more I follow these threads, the more I’m confused as to (other than CS) why a major even needs to be selected on the application if all students are simply gaining general admission into a specific college. Any clarification would be helpful :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Agree. And when you read Davis position on undeclared it seems they support/encourage it.

2 Likes

Perhaps they just use it as a general guide to make sure they don’t end up with 60% of the admitted students in 1 or 2 areas…Also there is the 2nd choice as well…

For UC Davis, Engineering is really the only College which admits by major which is true for pretty much all UC’s.

Freshman orientation is based on the College in which are admitted, so advisors are knowledgeable about the majors that reside in that college and help direct students to the right courses.

Also depending upon the major, changing majors into a competitive/selective major is not always guaranteed so when reviewing applications, it gives admissions an idea of the number of possible students they can accommodate in the various majors. I do not have the actual answers so it is worth contacting admissions if you want specifics.

1 Like

When are results coming out?

Hopefully next Friday

FYI, Last four years decision dates : UC Davis Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion - #87 by Gumbymom

1 Like

ok yes

Lots of guesses for this year are either the 17th or 18th

1 Like

hoping for the 11th…

14 Likes

Davis decisions coming out later this week!

26 Likes

last year it was on a Thursday at 2:30PM

8 Likes

We haven’t got the email yet. Are you OOS?

No, in state. Not reading anything into it. It went to my wife, and I’m not sure why.

3 Likes

I’m in state also and have not received it either.

1 Like

Also instate! We did not receive that email today.

1 Like

Well it looks like UCD’s decisions will be posted on schedule based on past history. Best of luck to all applicants.

9 Likes

My wife works at a junior college and may have received it in her advisory capacity. She previously participated in a UC councilors conference. That’s the only logical explanation.

I’m tracking Ask Ms. Sun website and will see if she confirms it, too.

11 Likes

My older daughter received the same email as staff of a high school counseling department. I have not received anything as the parent of an applicant.

10 Likes