UC Davis Freshman Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

The deadline to committee for the 1st wave is 5/12 11:45 pm if I remember correctly. So it could be as soon as Friday, but more likely sometime next week.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Does anyone think there will bye a wave today?

2 Likes

The first round of WL acceptances are due tonight, so perhaps they will take off more after today if there are still spaces.

2 Likes

Thank you.

May I ask does it mean you still have a chance if Davis has not removed you from the waitlist?

Yes

1 Like

You still have a chance until they send rejections and close the wailtist.

5 Likes

OK that’s good, thank you so much for replying!

1 Like

Anyone know if they’re releasing any acceptances today?

1 Like

Thought I’d make an account here, seemed useful for the next few weeks. (Waitlisted for aerospace engineering) As for decisions, I haven’t seen anything yet. I think if they’re doing a second wave, it’ll probably be next week? I’m definitely anxious for Wave 2, I’m worried aero might not see any movement at all. I guess we’ll find out

6 Likes

Any news on second wave?

1 Like

I haven’t gotten anything yet, and I’d guess by the inactivity here that there hasn’t been one. If I had to GUESS, there might be a wave 2 on Wednesday (exactly two weeks after wave 1 I think), but I’m not sure.

1 Like

First wave was 5/5 (Thursday).

1 Like

@Gumbymom Its been 2 full business days since the deadline to accept UCD’s offer. Do you think they have met their admissions target since they haven’t released a new batch?

2 Likes

Don’t they do them in waves tho though?

I think what BroccoliCheddar is getting at is that it’s been quite a while since the first wave, so it’s possible there won’t be a second. I’m not sure if that’s true or not, but it seems all we can do is wait

1 Like

I do know a few people who turned down their Davis offers, so I really am hoping another batch is released. If they don’t release another wave either today or tomorrow, then I think it’s safe to say that the waves are done for UCD. Realistically, it doesnt take 1 full week to process the decisions they received and send out replacements.

4 Likes

Davis has “an excuse” for taking longer to make waitlist decisions because it has a waitlist assay to read. Good luck to everyone.

4 Likes

To be fair Davis took 5 days after may 1 to send waitlist so they do take some time.

1 Like