UC Davis Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

I have a student who got off the Davis waitlist on 4/18 as an Undeclared major in L&S.

4 Likes

Sorry, missed that post but will edit.

1 Like

Hi. my daughter applied for their Marine and Coastal Science program and is currently on UCD waitlist. Do you know how many are being accepted into this program? I’m just trying to gauge my daughter’s chances of getting off the waitlist. My daughter already knows 2 people that got off, but in other majors. Thanks

1 Like

According to the Aggie Data, Marine and Coastal Science has around 118 Total Undergrads enrolled in the program so if you divide by 4 that is about 30 Freshman that enroll in the program each year. Since not all admitted students enroll at UC Davis they probably accept 3-4 times as many spots so it could be they possibly admit 90-120 students to this program each year. Since UCD does not have any data for their yield by major or admit #’s by major, this is just an approximation. Since it is an interdisciplinary major and depending upon where the student’s interest/focus lies, they could be part of the College of Letters and Sciences or Biological Sciences or Agriculture and Env. Sciences. None of these Colleges admit by major and the majority of waitlisted students will probably be admitted to either the L&S or Agriculture College based on previous waitlist history. How that translates into her chances is unknown since UCD does not list waitlist admits by major.

1 Like

When we option in the waitlist on March, the form asked for expected grades for spring semester. If the final spring semester grade is not exactly the same with the prediction (some course is lower than expected), do we need report the change, or just submit the official transcript via high school

1 Like

If the update option is available, you can make the changes. I am sure UCD is aware that the final grades can be different than the predicted grades. Do not send a transcript unless asked.

1 Like

Thank you. The UCD website says as below:
“Any change to courses in progress or planned, if different from information reported in your application, and any “D” or “F” grades not already reported in your application”

Does this include predicted grade change?

1 Like

If your final grade is different than predicted, I would update since that is an option. Unless you received a D or F, it will have no impact.

What is the earliest we can see some Waitlist movement from UCD?

1 Like

Some admits were posted on April 18th this year which has been the earliest seen in the last few years. Last year, there was one wave of admits on May 5, so I would say the earliest would be a few days after today’s May 1 SIR deadline.

3 Likes

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist at UCD this week? I imagine the campus has been busy dealing with tracking down the stabbing suspect.

1 Like

He was arrested yesterday.

Classes after 6 pm went remote but daytime classes and admin functioned as usual. Evening classes will resume normal hours next week. Many evening extracurricular activities are resuming normal evening hours today. Transfer Aggie Day was supposed to be tomorrow and was, unfortunately, cancelled.

2 Likes

My son got off the waitlist at UCSB this Wed, still waits for UCD and UCLA. He is for psychology, so if he can get off UCD waitlist, he may go with UCD.

3 Likes

When can we expect the next UCD wave (historically, what date has the second wave been around)?

1 Like

Other than major, does admission look at your financials to get off waitlist?

UC Davis like all the UC’s are need blind for admissions, so No.

1 Like

The waitlist admit dates change from year to year, so last year there was 1 wave on May 5. In 2021, UCD did not take anyone off the waitlist. 2020 had a wave on May 18.

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist for mechanical engineering?

@KatelynW: It is my understanding that there was an early admittance from the waitlist before May 1st. As far as I can see there are no further reports of waitlist admittance from UCD yet. Everyone is waiting