UC Davis UHP/Regents VS UC Irvine CHP/Regents

I’ve been admitted to the honors programs and have received Regents scholarships from both Irvine and Davis. I have visited both campuses expecting to have a gut feeling preferring one school over the other but I’m actually more torn now than ever. I am majoring in Neurobiology at UCI and NPB (neurobio, physiology, behavior) at UCD. I have cut out UCLA, UCSD, and UCB because the perks of the honors programs are god tier. If anyone has any valuable input such as the ease of obtaining research positions, the rigor of the honors courses (they seem damn hard at UCI), and the availability of volunteer positions at nearby hospitals, I’d be incredibly grateful. So far I’m leaning to Irvine in terms of location and Davis in terms of providing an awesome college experience. The honors dorms at Davis are amazing and the social life is vibrant and attractive. Also I will not be commuting to either campus as I hail from Fresno… The Davis scholarship is also $30k whereas the Irvine one is $10k. Anyways, please input any opinions or information on your experience at either school. Thank you

Take the big bucks! Especially if you dig the scene at Davis. Congrats on your excellent choices. Either one will prepare you well for the next thing.

Davis. Unless you really want to be near the coast for four years.

I thought about it more and sent my SIR to Davis… ahhh the days where I will walk the arboretum and contemplate the laws of physics and o Chem

@SarkisMan101 My daughter also recently committed to Davis. We have just come back from a visit there since we are OOS. I got a chuckle from your arboretum reference. We were very impressed with many aspects of the school. Best of luck to you!

We got mixed messages about the benefits of the honors program at Irvine. I believe the benefits apply only within your college whereas at Davis they apply to other colleges as well. I’m not 100% sure about that so you might call and question it before you make your decision. Also, the admin said housing was guaranteed but the students say that only freshmen live on campus.