UC GPA?

Hi, I currently live in Virginia and am unfamiliar with the transfer between GPAs. At my high school, I currently have a 4.34 GPA; however, apparently in the UC system, +s and -s are excluded. I use this site: https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/ to try to calculate what my GPA would be for UCs, but I don’t think it is accurate. The calculator does not exceed a 4.0 even with considering APs, and all grades are set to As, Bs, etc. Am I missing something?

Could anyone help me with this or provide any other information? Sorry if I’m asking a dumb question.

You can PM me your grades and courses from 10-11th and I can help with the calculation.
Just an FYI, since you are OOS be aware that if you attend a UC, they offer no financial aid and you will be full pay at $60K+/ year. Run the Net price calculator before spending money on application fees.

@Gumbymom Thank you for the response. About the financial aid: my family and I are moving to California as permanent residents (once the year passes).Will this impact the tuition costs after becoming a resident of CA, or are the costs applied to all four years? And yes, we do intend on living in California for many years.

You need to be CA resident 366 days prior to you attending a UC to pay in-state rates. If you meet this criteria, then you should be fine.

The RogerHub calculator does exceed a 4.0 for capped weighted and fully weighted UC GPA which is what the UC’s will be looking at. The UW UC GPA will not exceed a 4.0.

Make sure you have 1 year of a Visual/Performing/Art course since this requirement seems to trip up many OOS applicants.

You count up all your A’s, B’s, C’s etc… for all the UC a-g courses taken in 10-11th grades, then count up the # of semesters of AP classes taken 10-11th grades and input these into the honors points section. The RogerHub calculator will then give you the UW UC GPA, capped weighted UC GPA (capped at 8 semesters of AP credit) and Fully Weighted UC GPA (unlimited semesters of AP credit taken 10-11th and used by UCLA/UCB).

@Gumbymom Would you happen to know if senior visual/performing/art courses count for the UC requirement? I applied to the UC schools this year for the class of 2022.

@pungie2000: A senior class in VPA will count. If you have not moved yet and you plan to attend a UC for Fall 2018, you will be paying OOS rates at least for the 1st year.

@Gumbymom Thank you so much for your feedback. I really appreciate the help!