UC likely letters?

<p>I got emails from both berkeley and ucsd recently.</p>

<p>The UCSD email included “We’re excited that you have applied for Fall 2009 admission to the Jacobs School of Engineering at UC San Diego! As a top applicant to the university, we know you’d like to know a little more about our school.”</p>

<p>and the berkeley email included “Although Cal has not made its admissions decisions yet, your application is among those that we consider highly competitive.” (the second half of the sentence was in red font)</p>

<p>Has anybody recieved any emails like this from other UCs? Have the UCs sent emails like these in the past? If we received these emails what are our chances of getting accepted?</p>

<p>i didn't get any but those letters sure does sound promising. =)</p>

<p>Maybe someone will post a link to last years "wait for us" thread! that was crazy!</p>

<p>I received neither, but then again I don't even plan to get into either school, let alone be a top applicant.</p>

<p>I got the SD one but not the Berkeley one (although I didn't apply for engineering @ Berkeley)</p>

<p>oh ya, btw, both of the emails were from the colleges of engineering</p>

<p>Interesting,, I did get an email from the UCB Coalition for engineering but I they stated they had no affiliation with admissions and my email also did not have red font. If yours is different than mine it could be a likely letter but i've never heard of those for UC's.</p>

<p>The UCSD one I got and i think its a standard email.</p>

<p>I got both of those. I figure they're just the standard "spam" type emails from those schools.</p>

<p>I got the UCSD one, but I didn't for Cal (I applied for pre biz for Cal though)</p>

<p>Does receiving the 'Getting to Know Berkeley' email mean that you are probably going to get accepted? It's so suspicious. One of the questions when registering for the chat is "If you are accepted will you attend UC Berkeley?". Anyone got any light to shed?</p>

<p>hello i applied to ucla, ucsd, and uc berkeley for masters in civil engineering and on february 3rd i got accepted into ucla, so far i haven't heard from berkeley or ucsd. i did get the ucsd email saying that if i have questions about the program or would like to meet alumni or staff to contact. that is all. i'm wondering weather or not i got into berkeley.</p>

<p>I think everyone got the "Getting to Know Berkeley" email.
Does it mean anything if I got an email from the UC Berkeley Mathematics, Science, Engineering Coalition? or UCLA Alumni scholarships?</p>

<p>I only got the SD one, but I didn't apply for engineering at Berkeley.</p>

<p>so are these "likely emails" that the OP posted only for those who applied engineering? I applied for the regular college(L&S, etc) and didn't receive any emails of the sort. By the way, what happened in the "wait for us" thread??</p>

<p>TO confirm, I got the UCSD one but was rejected.</p>

<p>We got one from UCLA, and have heard that its a "shoe in" when this comes from the Engineering Department. They invited us to an event on April 4 - this is after acceptances will go out.</p>

<p>Accepted to UCSD - Revelle for engineering - didn't receive any kind of letter from them.</p>

<p>Did the UCB letter invite you to any event?</p>

<p>VehementBehemoth:</p>

<p>That is strange.....getting rejected after receiving a "likely letter" from the Jacobs School of Engineering. What exactly did your email from UCSD say?</p>

<p>brassring: The email isn't a likely letter. At the bottom of the email, it says:

[quote]
Please note that receipt of this email does not constitute or guarantee admission to UCSD or the Jacobs School.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>I think it was just a way of introducing their school and they sent it to everyone.</p>