UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

pls give me her spot at UCI im begging!

I swear I would if I could. I was telling my daughter that they should allow kids to trade. Wishing you the best of luck!

1 Like

Congratulation! Is she part of the 4:30pm wave? Which one she will go? She applied same major for all of 3?

stop cuz i submitted mine yesterday and my parents now say that even if i get off the waitlist they won’t let me go since they already spent $500 on ucr :sob::sob::sob:

Did your friend got off the waitlist today?? Cuz I didn’t get an update, does that mean Im rejected???

if you didnt get a rejection, then you’re still on the waitlist. we haven’t heard of any rejections so more than likely you’re still waitlisted

Yes, Environmental for every UC, but she keeps seeing people who are undeclared getting off at UCLA. And yes, the the 4:30 wave and she said it went to her promotions.

Nice! My daughter also applied this major for all UCs and I thought this is a easy major to get in, but

2 Likes

she took herself off the waitlist cuz she got into berkeley HAHA

but yeah youll be notified if ur rejected so ur still on the waitlist

2 Likes

Same!! I’m actually submitting my housing contract rn to ucr but it’s so scary? Like I read the contract and it says we can’t cancel it without consequences? What if I get off the waitlist somewhere else? :sob::melting_face:

my student got off the list today at 4:30 as a freshman, however they already committed to a different UC. the question when is the due date to apply for housing at UCSD, if I read it right, it was today??

1 Like

May I ask your student’s major at ucsd?

@Gumbymom has there been any UCSD waitlist students admitted for Political Science?

2 Likes

Has anyone gotten in for neurobio or psych?

1 Like

Congrats! I think it was mentioned higher up this thread that they extend the deadline to apply for housing for students admitted of the waitlist. I’m not sure as I haven’t been admitted and if I was, I won’t be apply for housing.

2 Likes

Data science

1 Like

Hint: use the Magnifying glass in the upper right corner of this discussion. Type in your key word to search posts for your specific major.

1 Like

My daughter heard back yesterday afternoon for Oceanic & Atmospheric Science at Scripps via Revelle College. She is really torn b/c this is one of her dream majors, but she’s not wild about the dorms at Revelle, plus she’s heavily invested into her SIR at UC Irvine as an Earth System Science (ESS) major.

She’s making her pros and cons list, but any thoughts on the choice between UCSD O&AS vs. UCI ESS is appreciated.

Good luck to those who got selected and to those still waiting to hear back!

2 Likes

As a former anteater and current OC resident, I would say go the SD route. Just a much, much better college vibe. Better community, etc. And re: the dorms, that’s a small blip. Seems to me that Scripps is the place to be given her major. Just my 2 cents!

1 Like

Don’t turn down a highly ranked world class education education at Scripps Institution because you don’t like Revelle. You’ll regret it. When it comes to marine science, UCSD is the leader.

3 Likes