UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

Bio I’m pretty sure it doesn’t mean anything I think it’s just a website glitch

@blxckswan Yeah I also opted in on 3/17 but I’m just gonna try to call them on Monday and figure this out.

Did you ever find out the answer as to why the FAQ says July 14th, but the appeal form says June 26th?

No I didn’t. I submitted an appeal anyways, not sure if it’ll go through though.

Ok sounds good, did it inform you when you’d receive an appeal decision by?

My in-state daughter was admitted off the UCSD waitlist today. Her major was Mathematics and Economics. She actually thought she had opted off the waitlist, and as of today she’s telling me she’s going to stick with where she committed to, which is UCSB. Her first choice was/is UCLA; she’s still on the waitlist for that.

So. . .since she’s likely to decline the UCSD offer, it looks like a spot will be available for someone here hopefully! Best of luck to you/your student as they continue to wait.

2 Likes

When I submitted I did receive a confirmation message right after. This is it:

“We have received your appeal of the admission
decision for Fall Quarter 2023 at UC San Diego.
Appeal decisions will be posted via the portal, and
you can expect to hear by mid-to-late May.
Because these decisions may be made after May
1, and the likelihood of an initial decision being
overturned is slim, we strongly encourage you to
deposit elsewhere in the meantime.
Thank you,
UC San Diego Office of Admissions”

It’s outdated and when I check my portal it’s not on the checklist as submitted but I’m clinging to the fact it says they received it on the message :sob:

Ok sounds good, thank you! Please let me know if you hear/see anything else!

1 Like

Just appealed. Got the same message. Hoping the same too!

1 Like

where can i find the appeal form?

It is linked off of the FAQ in the portal.

To anyone that has appealed: Does it show that you submitted it on your portal? Have any of you gotten a response yet? And was the confirmation message also outdated?

Just received my appeal decision, it was rejected but oh well at least I tried.

1 Like