UC Santa Barbara Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

D accepted OOS College of L&S

3 Likes

I am afraid to ask my daughter to check. Been a little rough the past week. No word from Cal Poly, rejected from UCI but accepted to SDSU. Hard to see when she has a great GPA and worked so hard. Can any psych kids that got in tell me what your stats are to see if she has hope.

Thanks

3 Likes

D21 Waitlisted. Psychology. 4.0 UW/4.4W. Strong ECs/Essays.
Accepted to UCI last week. Awaiting UCSD, UCLA, USC.

SDSU is great. Congrats. I know it is such a difficult year and no SAT/ACT makes it so much harder to distinguish yourself from others this year

2 Likes

Rejected for CS. In state, 3.94UW/4.5W 33 ACT. Congrats to all who made it! It’s a beautiful place to go to school. :beach_umbrella:

1 Like

Congrats! Please post stats.

waitlisted oos for pre-economics

Did you submit your ACT score? I thought UCs can’t use them

No other than he reported ACT scores, which don’t matter at UCs. It’s just a certificate they give the kids for PSAT scores.

Thanks my daughter is close to that I think 4.1UW and 4.35W with 9 APS and sports, NHS, leadership, work and yet…

Were they able to submit scores on UC app. this year?

Congrats, Admitted for CS, Honors program. In state, 4.4GPA 800/800, Math/Phy SAT. Congrats to all who made it!

4 Likes

We did and it says on the rejection letter that rest assured test scores were considered, but that’s probably just a recycled form.

Accepted! UW:3.97 Wuncapped: 4.37 WCapped: 4.241
Psych major College of Letters and science
9 APs
Thank you for helping with this process everyone :slight_smile:

6 Likes

wait decisions are out rn?

@baseball9 Yes. Everytime there was an oppty, he put down his ACT score. But they said they don’t have to send anything in til they accept the decision

Rejected from first choice major computer science but accepted into statistics and data science.

3 Likes

SLO for CS is considered the equivalent of mid-tier UCs. So take heart!

4 Likes

Such a bummer. CS is so competitive It looks like most that got in had a 4.0 unweighted GPA which is amazing

1 Like

It is so hard for us as parents and for these kids. SDSU is a great school. Although we have wonderful choices, the ones that were my daughter’s tops (SB and SC) are not looking to happen and so we are lucky that she got into the exact field major she wanted at Fresno State- Forensic Behavioral Science.

6 Likes