UC Santa Barbara Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Unfortunately, D did not get in. Poli Sci with 4.13 UC GPA and a 35 ACT.

D waitlisted, environmental. 3.75, 4.15, 4.55 GPA, Lots of EC (multi sport, Key Club VP, volunteering, NHS, etc). Accepted at UCI.

1 Like

stats, if you don’t mind?

what was unweighted GPA if you don’t mind me asking?

UCSB has a relatively small engineering department I think. It’s very competitive.

You should not loose heart. I hope you get in to your dream school thru wait list. In the meanwhile cherish your admission to UCI CS. What I can say from a parent’s personal experience there are lot of opportunities to grow there and get the best out of yourself. Very organized school and if you are admitted to your major you get a lot of perks. The campus is very straight forward and friendly . I think its one of the most easy and organized beautiful campus to navigate either on foot or thru car. Some one who has attended can vouch for it and friendly helpful staff. CS program is also straight forward and courses are designed to suit all students on a broad spectrum. If you want to go easy on yourself you can if you want to go hard like image processing and stuff you can do that too. Keep in mind though that CS is a hard major in general. I hope its close to home because distance is sometimes a deciding factor in these admissions. wish you all the best and every body else also .

1 Like

I got accepted to pre-economics too!!

1 Like

waitlisted which is pretty awesome, i’m holding out hope!! is it likely i’ll get in or do very few waitlist applicants actually get in. also sorry if this is a dumb question but will i still qualify for need based financial aid even if i get accepted later on

I am also waitlisted. International (Russia for those who wonder), tho went to Californian private school for the last 3 years. 4.0UW, 4.20 UC W. TOEFL 120. 770 SAT Chem. I had a really strong EC (like I wrote a published research paper and worked in 2 university labs as an intern, volunteer, school leader and etc). Not going to accept the space on the waitlist. UCSB was my low target school (tho due to covid year is competitive, I understand)

1 Like

accepted
in state

1 Like

Both my OOS D19 twins got accepted at UCSC; each got a small (compared to cost of tuition) merit award. One got $6k/year; the other had better stats and got $10k. Can’t tell you anything about UCSB, but there was SOME merit aid at UCSC. Guessing it’s similar across the UCs.

5 Likes

Uc uw gpa 3.76
Capped 4.13
Fully weighted 4.5.
ACT 34
Lots of good ecs

Community college courses Multivariable, linear algebra and varsity sports

4.3 weighted GPA
8 APs- 3 4’s and 1 5, haven’t taken the last four
1 college class
No SATs due to COVID
lots of ECs

I think UC’s may yield protect. Son rejected last year by UCLA and accepted at Stanford and Ivy League.

2 Likes

Just got rejected for Mechanical Engineering… Haven’t gotten into a single UC yet…

That’s a great ACT score, and in an ordinary year you would have been accepted.

accepted electrical engineering

3 Likes

I got in! data science!

5 Likes

Son got in data science. Rejected 1st choice major, CS.

4 Likes