UC Santa Barbara Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

In-state son accepted to Applied Math. 4.0 UW, 4.6 W, 1530 SAT (800 Math)

Congratulations to all accepted and waitlisted (you still have a chance when students withdraw their applications). Good luck to those still awaiting decisions!

3 Likes

My daughter was waitlisted and was already accepted to Berkeley and in the running for the Regents Scholarship

4.4 weighted GPA
Leadership; Lots of volunteering; 4 year varsity sport athlete

I am in the same boat! 4.0 UW, 4.3 capped. I also declined spot on waitlist. I wonder if it is yield protection?

Looks like in 2020 UCSB took 6,103 applicants off the WL, which is pretty good! You can usually find WL stats in the latest common data set for the college (just google "common data set " and scroll through. Lots of good info. I believe you will still be in the need-based aid pool.

How many CS students does UCSB usually admit?

S got in for physics
3.97 uw; UC gpa 4.39, but can’t remember exactly
National Merit Commended
11 APs/honors through senior year
Good essays; OK ECs

4 Likes

Could you share stats if you don’t mind?

what was unweighted? it seems like thats what they are looking at this year. congrats on Berkeley

Also waitlisted at UCSB but accepted to Berkeley as a regents finalist! Very shocked and wondering what this means for UCLA…

Denied - OOS, 4.0 UW, 4.7 W, 30 ACT, varsity sports all four years, a lot of clubs

My daughter (OOS) was accepted to UCI (Business) and rejected to UCSB. Still waiting on UCLA and USC, but no idea how likely those are??

Did not send my ACT

Confused on how I did not get in

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. It looks like UCSB offers Regents Scholarships up to $5K that OOS students are eligible for. The website says only top 2% of applicants receive.

Was your daughters merit money awarded at the time of their admission notification, or later?

uw 3.96 w 4.71 SAT 1530 SAT ii 800/800. Applied for CS as 1st major, did not get in

1 Like

why didn’t you send ACT?

I thought I did, but apparently they never got it haha

3.95 unweighted; 8 APs total

thats bummer. it may have helped

true, but my stats are even better without an ACT