UC Santa Barbara Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

in 2018 though, 7856 applicants were waitlisted and 4883 students accepted a place on the waitlist. but, only accepted 14. what do you think the chances are of getting off the waitlist this year?

Did you apply to Riverside? Davis?

This is really hard. D now waitlisted at 3 UCs.

4 Likes

If you are accepted from the waitlist and qualify for any need-based aid which would be Federal, Cal grants (if CA HS student) or UC grants (Blue and Gold) you will still get that aid.

Pls post your data source. I am really curious.

Can we just take a second to praise the leadership & management at UCSB?? Like omg they told us the exact date for decisions, wrote a cute poem on the portal, and released acceptances, waitlists, and rejections all at the same time. It’s not rolling like UCR and we don’t have to wait 3 hours to get rejected like Irvine. My respect for UCSB climbs everyday.

16 Likes

rejected for psychology :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Unfortunately no acceptance to make my respect climb higher but hey atleatsbi didn’t have to wait 4 hours like irvine to know I was rejected :sob::sunglasses:

4 Likes

same here. seems psych is super competitive here I’m seeing a lot on this stream

1 Like

Same here :sob:

1 Like

accepted oos
4.0 UW; 4.56 W (not UC); 4.4 UC capped gpa
34 ACT - although it didn’t matter for UC
accepted into pre-chem major with intention to go into biochemistry
decent extracurriculars (internship at hospital, job during junior year, VP of registered non-profit,etc.)
8 APs by end of Senior year

2 Likes

Son accepted for Pre Econ
4.0 / 4.35/4.44 gpa
2 sport athlete, volunteer
Large N Cal High School - 500 in class, not top 10%
Essays were good
6 AP / Honors classes / 1 Dual enrollment
Accepted to Cal Poly, SDSU, Chapman, ASU, UofA, Bama, Utah. Waiting on Davis, UCLA, Cal
Congrats to all accepted!

1 Like

congrats to everyone who got accepted!!!

1 Like

The UC application is general for all campuses and will ask for a 1st and 2nd choice major but not all campuses will consider the 2nd choice major. UCSB does consider your 2nd choice alternate major especially for Engineering applicants. Listing a major even if they do not admit by major for L&S does help the AO’s to get a broader picture of the applicant, their interests and EC’s and if they align with the major listed.

OOS son accepted to Computer Engineering! Congrats guys.

2 Likes

Accepted! For political science. In state, 4.744 weighted gpa :slight_smile:

7 Likes

D21 just waitlisted for Psych. Agree that it seems that Psych was really competitive. This year is a little weird with respect to admissions. Not sure how admissions staff even got through the tidal wave of applications.

1 Like

D accepted for pre biology major. Congrats everyone!!!

3 Likes

See, we knew you’d get good news!!!

Got into UCSB for CS. I will turn down this offer because UCSC and UC Berkeley are my top two choices, and I thankfully already got into UCSC with a decent scholarship. Hopefully this opens a spot for those waitlisted for CS. Congrats to everyone accepted!

8 Likes