**uc santa cruz class of 2025 discussion**

I had not seen the 3/15 front end of that date range.

did anyone else just receive an email from ucsc admissions telling us that the “ wait” is almost over and to make sure ur login and password works? which is frustrating cause i jus checked my portal and no update on admissions yet

3 Likes

i received the email too. no decision yet, though

“
no later than March 20.” Decisions may roll out over days

Cal always seems to be last, in the last week of March.

does anyone know how soon after a rejection you’re allowed to try and get an appeal or how to start that? i have a bunch of new information that didn’t happen until after i applied, like new extracurriculars and a few medals i won, academic decathlon and some great letters of recommendation. i know appeals usually don’t do anything but i think it’s worth a try if i don’t get in

That is torture for these kids (and us parents)! My daughter just frantically texted me to check and of course nothing is there. So now we deal with that in class freak out lol!! If anyone starts getting any please let us crazy ones know!

1 Like

Last year decisions were released on the 3rd Monday of March.

3 Likes

I was so exicted got a second when I saw the mail but the disappointment ugh​:sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

I didn’t receive an email today.

It just was sent about 10-15 minutes ago

1 Like

Seems they’re just wanting everyone to be able to check their portals since decisions are soon - whatever soon means. They don’t want to put out decisions and have a bunch of people all of a sudden panicking that they can’t access their portals, and then flooding the admissions office with calls. I think it was worded pretty well.

They know for certain when they will get all of their decisions posted, but they don’t know for certain when they will started posting decisions? lol These ‘guys’ must sit around the lunch room and brainstorm ways of increasing the drama.

8 Likes

hey students/applicants, there’s an app called zeemee that has some really helpful groupchats and info and you can also talk to other applicants and students, you just fill out a profile and select the schools that you applied to that you are most interested in, i’d definitely recommend it! i applied to berkeley as well and a student reached out to me about the app and i love it. unfortunately i do think it’s only for students though and not parents. it’s pretty much a social media app for college talk. there’s also “influencers” who are students graduating this year from the schools and they are the most helpful because they get info from admissions

2 Likes

But keep in mind, there’s a lot of spamming happening, but it definitely is useful.

honestly it really depends on the group you’re in but definitely. like the berkeley group chat isn’t even worth it because there’s so much spamming, but i found the ucsc groupchat pretty helpful and so was the sjsu groupchat

if you guys see anything particularly helpful on there, do you mind sending it here?

I alr do that, but gotchu

1 Like

thank you!

UC Davis seems to allow it, don’t think the others do. Apparently they have a deferred enrollment program:

"The deferred enrollment program allows newly admitted undergraduate students to postpone their initial enrollment at UC Davis for up to one year. During this time, students can pursue non-academic activities and opportunities that will assist them in clarifying their educational goals (e.g., travel, job opportunities, non-collegiate experience, resolution of personal, financial or medical concerns). Students are not allowed to enroll in any coursework at another accredited college or university during this time.

To be eligible for deferred enrollment, students must submit the Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) by the appropriate deadlines for admitted freshmen. (MyAdmissions | UC Davis) or admitted transfer students, satisfy all university and campus admission and entrance requirements and provide all official final transcripts and examination scores. After submitting the SIR, students can apply for deferred enrollment through the MyAdmissions website. Students must also submit a $70 processing fee along with the deferred enrollment application. ***The final deadline to submit a deferred enrollment is the first day of the quarter for which you were admitted."

1 Like