**uc santa cruz class of 2025 discussion**

exact same for my D21, weird is right.

1 Like

I see, it looks like they can also change major once accepted, that’s nice to have the flexibility.

1 Like

86% admitted from WL, strange!

A lot of schools, not at the top of the food chain, had trouble filling classes last year, when Covid shut things down. That’s why I listed the prior year’s % too.

2 Likes

Waitlisted from UCSC probably for Business, rejected from UCI, haven’t heard from SLO or SDSU; accepted at Pomona, Fresno, Chico, waitlisted at Long Beach. So far accepted at 4 OOS schools, with small scholarships. Would love for her to stay in state, so fingers crossed for the rest of the UCs and Cal states. 3.8 GPA with work, community college classes and good ECs. We know of 2 kids with lower stats that were accepted at Cal Poly and heard awhile ago, so this year is definitely unpredictable!

1 Like

Accepted for Neuroscience :slight_smile:

3 Likes

same!

1 Like

Literally same. What is up with colleges and waitlists this year. I’ve been rejected once and waitlisted three times.

1 Like

I think all the waitlist are a function of Covid uncertainty (kids are applying to more target/safty schools not knowing if they really are target/safety anymore), and schools being test option/test blind. As a result, application are up at many schools, and as such, schools will be getting a larger number of kids declining admissions. As such, my guess is that many schools will be dipping father into their waitlists than usual.

6 Likes

I hope so!

Okay I finally got an email that I was accepted but I checked the portal and there was nothing ?

1 Like

DD Accepted. Environmental Science. In State.

My email just said to check my portal. Did it specify in the email you got that you got accepted?

In-state CS major. 4.4 UC GPA. Accepted.

2 Likes

Yes it said I got into my proposed major of Psychology for fall 2021.

I got an email too but it just said to check portal. Nothing in the portal though…

Ditto, I think we may have crashed the system.

Does anyone know if you are able to visit the campus ?

Same. It might be slowly sending through the system due to overload.

You can definitely drive in and walk around outside.