**uc santa cruz class of 2025 discussion**

People who were admitted in February were primarily OOS students. There were also high stat in-state students and sport recruits, but OOS students made up the majority of the acceptances in February. If I had to guess, a decent portion of those accepted in February will receive regents, but I’m sure some people accepted today will receive regents as well.

waitlisted// major: psych, GPA: 4.1 w

doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason this year. keep ur head up.

1 Like

I’m having the same isssue. I got an email saying that all freshman decisions have been released but there is nothing on the portal

2 Likes

same!!

Would you mind sharing stats. My D. got WL.

rejected. congrats to everyone who got in :))

2 Likes

refresh your pages if ya’ll haven’t been able to see a decision. just saw mine

I’m sorry to hear that, I’m sure you’ll get into plenty of other great colleges. UC decisions this year have never been so weird. Good luck with the rest of your decisions!

2 Likes

Weightlisted. :pensive:

3 Likes

rejected

1 Like

same here.

1 Like

refresh your page, I just got mine

Accepted OOS for Psychology BA. 3.71 UC GPA, multiple volunteering and academic clubs, mostly honors and 14 AP classes. Just a reminder that stats aren’t everything and I really do believe they put an emphasis on the PIQs this year because of them going test blind. Hopefully your daughter gets off the waitlist though I’m rooting for her! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank you!!!

My s19 is an economics major at ucsc. Easy to double major/ minor or even graduate in 3 years as he might do with econ. Plus great major for jobs I hear. Congratulations!

1 Like

Search “Dependent of a California Resident Parent” in this document: https://www.ucop.edu/uc-legal/_files/ed-affairs/uc-residence-policy.pdf

That document came from this page: https://registrar.ucsc.edu/fees/residency/

1 Like

My daughter got waitlisted for this major too and is also considering U of Utah. Their program looks amazing and the offer other minors/emphases of interested (digital art, etc). Curious why your daughter is leaning Utah? if you email me karenjeansutton@gmail.com I can pass on my daughter’s email. My daughter is feeling pretty overwhelmed with all these decisions right now. She’d love to hear from someone else with similar interests.

I got in! I also got into irvine and riverside so far. I am in state and have a ~3.9 GPA, 4.23 capped GPA and a 4.49 total weighted GPA and I had a 32 ACT. I applied as a cellular biology major for all three.

3 Likes

Good luck to everyone else! It’s been helpful for me to remember that I will end up where I’m supposed too, so try not to stress too much. UC admissions have been super random this year I wish you all the best

3 Likes