GPA:
Extracurriculars:
IGETC status:

School Type:
Income Bracket:
Other (Strengths, weaknesses, hooks, etc.):
Where else did you apply/TAG?:

Hi Guys,

Congrats to all those who have been accepted! I’m actually a transfer student (I know it’s kind of weird, but I didn’t see a thread for UC Santa Cruz transfers).

Anyway, I was wondering if those of you who have been accepted received an email invite for a spring info session.

I’m black and so UC Santa Cruz sent me one for the black academy. Is this a good indicator?

Just started a Transfer Thread for UC Santa Cruz. If you do not see a discussion thread on CC, you are always welcome to start one and post your questions.

By law UC’s cannot use Race/Ethnicity in their application review but they can target certain students for diversity purposes. The email invite is not a negative or positive, just an invite to consider UCSC.

Have decisions started coming out for transfers?

My son just accepted. Business Econ. Transfer after 1 year. 60+ units from AP and one semester sdsu and currently at cc.
No Tag. No Igetc
Gpa 3.9

1 Like

Congratulations! I thought decisions will be out early April.

Got Accepted: Computer Engineering ( TAG ).

1 Like

My son just told me he got admitted to UCSC just now. Computer Science. Thankful.

Just got accepted: Education, Democracy, and Justice. No tag, completed IGETC.

I’m surprised to get a response so early, I was expecting to wait until mid-April at the earliest.

Congrats to those who got accepted. Did you get an email to check the UCSC portal for the admission decision?

1 Like

Thanks you. I think my son checks the portal. Some email may come later (when we received congratulatory email from UCR last week, he found in the portal the decision was out 3 days earlier than the email).

Does anyone know what makes UC Santa Cruz accept an applicant since it’s most likely they don’t read the PIQ’s?

Is it GPA?

For Freshman applicants, PIQ’s are read during the application review and are considered Very Important. For Freshman applicants, there are 13 areas of application review criteria.

Some UC campuses did not review the Transfer PIQ’s as part of their application review but you can check the common dataset to see if they are considered by each campus. UCSC does state they review PIQ’s.

Here the factors considered by all campuses:

Comprehensive review factors for transfer applicants

1. Completion of a specified pattern or number of courses that meet breadth or general education requirements.
  2. Completion of a specified pattern or number of courses that provide continuity with upper division courses in the student’s major, such as a UC Transfer Pathway, associate degree for transfer (ADT offered at CA community colleges only), or UC campus-specific major prerequisites.
  3. Your grade point average in all transferable courses-especially in a UC Transfer Pathway or in major prerequisites.
  4. Participation in academically selective honors courses or programs.
  5. Special talents, achievements and awards in a particular field, such as visual and performing arts, communication or athletic endeavors; special skills, such as demonstrated written and oral proficiency in other languages; special interests, such as intensive study and exploration of other cultures; experiences that demonstrate unusual promise for leadership, such as significant community service or significant participation in student government; or other significant experiences or achievements that demonstrate your promise for contributing to the intellectual vitality of a campus.
  6. Completion of special projects undertaken in the context of your college curriculum or in conjunction with special school events, projects or programs.
  7. Academic accomplishments in light of your life experiences and special circumstances, including but not limited to: disabilities, low family income, first generation to attend college, need to work, disadvantaged social or educational environment, difficult personal and family situations or circumstances, refugee status or veteran status.
  8. Location of the college and your residence.
  9. Completion of a UC Transfer Pathway or an associate degree for transfer (ADT) offered by a California community college.

when do we think the next wave will be? tomorrow?

My son just heard from UCSC. Got in for CS Game Design.

2 Likes

Congrats! UCSC game design is highly ranked!

Major: BMEB (chemE at previous university)
GPA: 3.21
Extracurriculars: 4-5 clubs, research lab, soccer referee
IGETC status: not met for UCSC specifically

In-state/OOS/International?: In-State
School Type: OOS 4-year university
Income Bracket:
Other (Strengths, weaknesses, hooks, etc.): multiple scholarships, 2 internships
Where else did you apply/TAG?: UCM, UCSD, UCR