*UCB Freshman Class of 2025 Waitlist and Appeal discussion*

The previous year may 1st was a Friday which gave them Friday and Saturday to review waitlisted applicants.

So that means they prolly started evaluating before all the deadlines.

i dont think its a big deal if may 1 was a weekday or weekend because i dont think theyll wait until may 1 to start reviewing

someone was saying that the ivy commit day is today so maybe that’s why?

agree its a bit naive to think they would review only after commit day. plus many ao’s say they simply continue review through the month of May

i dont follow, what does ivy commit day have to do with cal WL?

i have no idea i just remember someone saying that on reddit LOL

well WL deadline was 4/22 and commit deadline was 5/1, so i dont think ivy commit day being may 3 means anything, especially because i dont think many ivy admits will change to cal if theres some glitch today

this is purely anecdotal, but with how hard the uc’s were this year (esp for instate), atleast at my school, those who got accepted are 100% attending, and i can only assume its similar for other schools. maybe they just aren’t gonna take a lot off the waitlist this year :frowning: :pensive:

1 Like

hmm so higher yield rate that normal?

1 Like

I think OOS a lot of people will turn it down, but we wont really have any way of knowing

yup, and i think they just extended wl deadline because of what happened last year-- to pad for lower yield in case that happens

ur delusional if u think they take only two days to review all the WL applicants

1 Like

i feel like they had a low yield rate shortly before the commit deadline which is why they extended it.

i think yield is lower otherwise why would they extend the waitlist deadline

1 Like

yup that’s true too

why would they extend the deadline (it was the first time it occurred) and they also declared it quite last minute which shows that they didn’t have enough to start with. if they wanted to keep the extra padding, they would have set the deadline on the 22nd in the first place

1 Like

also they only admitted 13k which means that even if they expect a normal Yeild rate around 43-45, they still need to fill the class as seen by 2018 and stuff

They extended the deadline on Apr. 14th, when they have no idea about their yield rate. So the extension would just be a safe backup in case they had a low yield rate.

they have never done that tho, and don’t you think one day before extending the deadline is kind of strange?