*UCB Freshman Class of 2025 Waitlist and Appeal discussion*

Do they notify you if you don’t make it off the list with an email?

Thanks

They will either announce the waitlist is closed or send a rejection. Historically, UCB sends a rejection.

When do we expect them to let us know??

After May 1???

Lol I meant a rejection, is that just at the end of May??

Depends upon how many spots are available and how fast they fill up. Last year UCB closed their waitlist in July.

Hey everyone! New to posting here, but I’ve been reading the advice in these forums for a while, so thanks for all your help! I was waitlisted for Berkeley this year, and I was wondering if sending a letter of continued interest was advisable? I have seen on the forums for previous years and the Berkeley website itself that they “will not accept post-submission updates,” but just wanted to confirm whether sending the letter would be of any use or if it would end up hurting my application. Thank you in advance!

Your waitlist essay/statement can be used as your LOCI. Do not submit any other documentation not originally asked for by UCB.

Ok, thank you for your help!

@Gumbymom
Could you please tell me what percentage of students are accepted through appeal letters?

The number admitted by appeal varies from year to year and to the strength of their appeal statement.

2020 Appeals:
Appeals submitted: 1264
Appeals approved: 34

2019 Appeals
Appeals submitted: 925
Appeals approved: 24

Deleted

Hi, everyone who got admitted to Berkeley(same college as me) in my highschool decided not to enroll. Will this increase my chance of getting off the waitlist? Thanks.

It really depends on your waitlist essay and your stat

Were they from the college of engineering?

Nah they r L&S

So sad…I’ve applied to L&S and am wait-listed now…Only one student in my school gets into UCB(also L&S) and he decides to confirm his offer. Does that mean my chance of getting enrolled becomes lower? I am an international student and Berkeley usually admits one or (at most, but rarely)two people from our school every year.

Hey, I need a bit of help. So, I applied for MET, got a request for a video essay, and now I’m waitlisted, so that’s probably for COE. I’ve opted in but I gotta commit to a university. I applied for CS and the top choices available for me are Georgia Tech and UIUC, which one would be a better choice? And by when can I expect a decision from UCB?
Thanks!

Does anyone know if waitlisted applicants should send LOCI? I just submitted my essay and transcript and don’t know if I should send them a LOCI. I don’t want to annoy AOs lol