**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

UCLA is the best undergrad for pre-med in CA.

I know people have been posting lots of stuff about engineering but too lazy to go thru them, so plz like this post if u got in to CoE today or agree if u didnā€™t get in. As of now, Iā€™ve seen no one so it makes me incredibly sad as Iā€™m sure of a rejection (tho there may have been offers outside of this thread). Kinda disappointed cuz Calā€™s engineering is literally the best, few schools match it.

@luckymom2002 check out this thread re: pre-med
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-berkeley/2185875-pre-med-at-uc-berkeley-worth-it.html#latest

Thanks.

Is there usually a third wave or not? Is it even possible to still get off the waitlist?

Iā€™m feeling awfully discouraged right now. Hopefully the third wave will be merciful. ~sending positive vibes out~

if thereā€™s a third wave when do we predict it will be?

I would not count on the third wave. I encourage the rest of you guys to just move on from this and love the schools you were accepted into.

why is berkeley not taking that many off the waitlist? i thought they under enrolled. someone, please answer

we were pranked

I think pre-med courses everywhere are weeder classes. My sister is pre-med at a competitive private, and a number of her friends changed course after ending up with Bs and sometimes Cs in pre-med required courses. Iā€™m sure the same occurs at UCLA

@mathcsb- yea I agree. pre-med is def, not worth among the UCs. UCLA is pretty god for pre-med but honestly only go if your IS. OOS isnā€™t worth the money or the stress due to grade deflation. I was waitlisted for UCB and I was gonna do pre-med but after reading a bunch of reviews and Reddit discussions I donā€™t even care anymore. I withdrew my app today and just moved on because for med, undergrad doesnā€™t matter because wherever you go you still need like a 3.8+ gpa and a really good MCAT with some fire ECs to get into top medical schools. Thatā€™s y I just moved on and I am gonna do pre-med at northeastern university which isnā€™t too far behind UCB in terms of overall rankings. co-ops and internships are too lit to pass up there. However, screw UCB lol. They really out here doing all of us dirty. Sorry, I just had to vent out but I am officially done checking in with this thread. Good luck to the rest of you guys still on, I hope some of you guys can get through this 3rd wave if thereā€™s one.

bump

Everybodyā€™s talking about L&S and Engineering. Little homie right here applied for College of Chemistry. I looked through the 150+ pages under this discussion, only to find no useful information.
One of my classmate got off in the first wave, and heā€™s in L&S, another one got off in the second wave, and guess what, heā€™s also in L&S.
Come on man, somebody tell me something about CoC plz???

@rachel5 thank you for the reply. Yes, this discussion has been something else. Is there any other forum on this entire site right now thatā€™s been this out of control?

Did anyone actually email their AO? If yes, what did you guys say? Also how do you figure out who your AO is and do you think itā€™s too late to email them now - saying that Iā€™m still very very interested in berkeley?

@jaffa1 will there be a third wave? if yes when will it be? should I still keep hope that Iā€™ll get off the waitlist or should I move on? Berkeley is still my number one choice and Iā€™d kill to get in.

I say you guys all just withdraw your application so I have a better chance of getting in. Thanks in advance.

But I do know someone at Cal and he believes there will be another wave but I donā€™t know anything else and I donā€™t think he does either

Everyone just please move on if you didnā€™t get in. If there even will be a third wave itā€™ll be less than 50 people, just move on and save ur sanity lmao, this entire forum was insane. DO NOT hold out hope for a third wave, if you get in it would be a nice surprise, and if not youā€™ll be already in love with the school youā€™re committed to.