**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

So first wave at 3:00/3:30 PST today? And this wave tends to favor in state applicants? I’m so nervous ?

Guys I don’t understand how this FAQ glitch could possibly signify acceptance. I’ve never seen a school accept IS, OOS, and international all in the first huge wave. On top of that, everyone is scattered across colleges. And on top of that, the portal usually only glitches on the day that Berkeley sends out decisions…not days in advance.

I understand that it is bizarre that there are 2 entirely different FAQ links, which could be a good sign. But again, there are so many factors that make the FAQ glitch seem like an unlikely sign of admission. I’m not saying that the FAQ glitch definitely doesn’t mean anything because obviously I would have no way of knowing, but I can say for sure that it isn’t anything we should freak out about at this point in time.

I think we all need to just put that glitch aside, and when decisions actually come out, people can post about how they were accepted with the FAQ glitch or accepted without the FAQ glitch. Then, we will know for sure, and so will future waitlisted students. For now, the glitch isn’t a strong enough piece of evidence that anyone should get their hopes up or down about.

And for anyone who doesn’t have the glitch and thinks everything is over, I promise that isn’t true. Please don’t loose hope because there have been glitches in past years that people thought meant something and everyone freaked out about (like how we are freaking out about this) but then ended up being completely irrelevant.
One thing we do know is that someone heard from an actual UC regent that decisions were coming out at the end of this week and that the waitlist will be used more than ever before. It would be weird for Berkeley to update portals days in advance from when they said that would be finalizing decisions. We are all going through the same thing right now, so let’s just stay positive.

@hotcheetos33 I agree with your post, but at least last year in Berkeley’s first wave IS and OOS both got in

I guess we will see in less than 5 hours

I believe that very few oos students got accepted last year and the first wave favored in state applicants

@maglor1 Do you know if any international got in during the first wave too? Or just OOS and IS? And was it people from a particular college? Like L&S …It’s okay if you don’t know the answers!!

Not sure if this makes sense but maybe they will change their policy this year towards early OOS/international acceptances, just because there’s more uncertainty towards those families (not saying IS ppl don’t), and it will benefit those families if they can make their choice earlier.

I am oos for L&S without any glitches so I am really hoping that this is true.

same I’m oos l&s with no glitch

I am OOS CNR with no glitch as well. @chianger531 that would definitely make sense.

same oos l&s no glitches

any portal changes for anyone yet? they started happening around 11 last year

Guys, there’s so many IS L&S w/o a glitch, and many OOS L and S w/o a glitch. This is making me think that if there’s a wave it’s def not the big one by any standards…

I have a feeling that decisions are going to come out on either Thursday or Friday…I’m just going to try to stop checking until then.

Yes. I still have the FRQ glitch (Instate/CNR) if anyone is curious. Don’t stress over it.

I really don’t think it is anything significant because when I looked up online there was always so many myth about the glitch.

(In-state CNR) I am one of those people who has never had any of the other glitches occur in my portal, but I do have this one. I really don’t know what to make of it; it could be an indication of acceptance, or more likely it’s just a sign of activity in one’s portal/application. Regardless there is no need to get all worked up based on your having or not having of the glitch, because as so many others have said, even if it does indicate acceptance we all know very well there will be many more waves than just the initial one. Sadly for our nerves, only time can tell:/ Good luck to all!

Seemingly every single CNR has the glitch…

I’m feeling like this wave is ONLY traditional admissions, and that would honestly make the most sense.

Has anyone been able to access the admitted students faq then? Last year’s glitch made it so that students that got accepted could see that faq a couple of hours earlier than the official acceptance.

It is just speculation right that the decisions release today??? Any proper source??