UCI Offer of Admission Withdrawal confusion

I just received an email from one the of the admissions counselors at UCI saying I had an updated UCI portal. I went to check and found out that my application had been withdrawn. I often checked the portal to see any updates and review upcoming deadlines, so I do not know where I went wrong. I am in contact with my college admissions counselor who had helped me create my application, and we went through every part of the application reviewed each statement; they all were true. I have physical evidence of each part just for verification. I know the three criteria that would have my application withdrawn: not having a UC weighted GPA of 3.0, having any D’s or F’s, and expressing that you took more rigorous courses when realistically you did not. I believe I have a good standing with the criteria and have not done anything to negatively affect my admission to UCI. I also have proof of my sent transcripts, and official test scores. I do not know where I went wrong, and I hope this is a mistake.

Replying to the message on the message center, I asked for a detailed explanation for the application withdrawal, along with noting that I did not void the provisional contract. The message sent to me says that my application was withdrawn for voiding the provisional contract, and I am ineligible to attend UCI as a freshman including the orientation, and should apply as a transfer.

As I live close to UCI, I will call and also visit the admissions department to obtain more details on my problem.

If you have any advice you can give me, anything is useful! I believe this is a mistake but I may be wrong (hopefully not)!

Did you meet the minimum UC a-g course requirements? http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/freshman/requirements/a-g-requirements/index.html

Did you drop or change any of your Senior courses originally reported on your UC application?

Were all your test scores, AP scores and transcripts submitted by the deadline?

Yes, I met all UC a-g course requirements and found a website that my school submitted of UC Approved classes.

I did not drop or change any of my senior classes at all, passing each class either with A’s and B’s (my high school career also consisted of all A’s and B’s), but no C’s, D’s, or F’s.

Yes, all my test scores (ap, sat subject, sat, and act) were all submitted timely. My transcripts were send early June; I have receipt that my high school registrar sent.

Hopefully this is a mistake. I see no wrong in any part of my application, and I hope I can reach out to them to understand this problem!

Best of luck and please update us when you find out the information.

My friend got rescinded because his transcript didn’t have the graduation date on it. Maybe the same happened to you?

I’m curious if you found out what’s wrong and if your offer was reinstated

Not yet, I sent in a detailed appeal and I had help from other staff which helped a lot in trying to contact the actual admissions counselors. My appeal still says pending and the reason for my withdraw was an error with my transcript and application.

@pmal10 I assume you know by now that you are one of 499 that this happened to this year. Sounds like you have your info lined up correctly and hopefully they will do the right thing and reinstate you.