UCLA Class of 2024 Discussion

Eligibility point #4 for the Junamici Scholarship:

1. Must enroll in a non-native foreign language major or minor in the Division of Humanities within the UCLA College OR a major or minor in International Development Studies or Global Studies in the International Institute

I don’t think UCLA ever listed major or any significant details on their portal. It has always been a basic comment saying that the application has been received and is under review.

Thank you @lkg4answers . For some reason, I thought it used to be noted.

Did anyone get an email today about more scholarships? I’m going to be so sad if she doesn’t get in. She’s getting very excited, and their acceptance is so low.

Oh I see some got it above, it’s that same one.

Yes, mine has been removed as well. It was there before, I remember seeing it a week ago. Does this mean anything?

For the UCLA Alumni Scholarship application, when it asks for Total Cumulative GPA weighted/capped, is it 1) 9th thru 12th?; 2) only uc approved/ academic courses or all courses (including PE)?

Please don’t read too much into “disappearing majors”. That kind of stuff has nothing to do with your chances. Ucla doesn’t drop any hints like that lol. Enjoy your weekend!

@justkeepgoing: I just called the UCLA financial aid office to ask about how to calculate the weighted and unweighted GPA for the General Application for scholarships. The lady told me to include sophomore year to the first semester of senior year (if available) for both weighted and unweighted. I did not ask about which courses to include.

Maybe someone else can clarify if only UC approved courses should be included in the GPA calculation?

My daughter got the Junamici scholarship email today on top of the alumni scholarship email. Does this mean she is already accepted? It says on the Junamici scholarship form that one of the eligibility criteria is you have to be admitted at UCLA. Not sure what this means. Please advise.

@clof2024 which phone number did you call? I’ve been trying to get ahold of them but every number I tried was wrong or the phone line was closed.

I am just a parent but from what I have gathered over years on this board is that there are many scholarships that are read by people who are not affiliated with UCLA admissions (ex. alumni assoc members). The night that acceptances are official and students are notified, the readers start reading the applications of students who have been admitted. The scholarship readers do not read the scholarship applications received from students who were not admitted.

If a scholarship has an eligibility criteria that you have to be admitted to UCLA, it means that you will not receive the scholarship if you are not admitted to UCLA. If you apply and are not admitted to UCLA, your scholarship application will not be read.

ETA: The reason they ask students to apply for scholarships before they are admitted is so that they can notify accepted students of their scholarship awards as soon as possible.

@akcollege36: General Inquiries and Advising: (310) 825-3101. I believe they close at 4:00pm.

Eligibility point #1 for the Junamici Scholarship:

1. Must be a California resident.

Did the people who got the junamici scholarship also get the alumni scholarship?

Is there an estimated day that decisions will be released?

@clairebunny23, I got both alumni and junamici invite.

@Mgkarlsvik Third Friday of March

For the UCLA Alumni scholarship app, do you think it is OK to reuse some or part of the essays that I submitted with my UC common app? There are some leadership skills and experience mentioned in the common app that would be applicable to the leadership question in the Alumni Scholarship app.