UCLA Class of 2024 Discussion

@gpc334 My 2nd year daughter is involved in Bruin Day and Bruin Overnight. While there has been nothing official, her specific portion (Bruin Overnight) has suspended its preparations for the event. I suspect there was not a ton they were going to be doing heading into Finals next week, but it is probably not a good sign for Bruin Day being held as scheduled.

I won’t be surprised if Bruin Day is canceled. Sounds like several schools have already canceled their acceptance days. I wonder if the schools will consider extending the deadline to commit under the circumstances.

Stay tuned about admitted students event info! Deadlines prob won’t be extended as virtual options would be available like what Stanford and Harvard are doing.

@10s4life you are so helpful

They likely come out on Friday, March 20 at 5 pm. (:

Any chance that they come out tomorrow on Friday 13th? Or is it dead set on the 20th? Nothing official have come out yet right?

It would be so nice if decisions came out tomorrow! I’m so antsy and ready to know :smiley:

Discover engineering will be a virtual event but don’t worry it’ll still be really interactive!

http://www.admission.ucla.edu/applicant/notify.htm is this more trustable than the portal or no, cause this says ucla for mid-march instead of late March if that were the case then la could come out tomorrow

Have the discover engineering invites been sent out yet?

do you guys think ucla considers race/ethnicity in their admissions even tho they are not supposed to legally?? just wondering what others think.

UCLA decisions will be out March 20.

Source: Ms. Sun went to the WACAC SLC in LA and heard it directly from the Deputy Director of Undergraduate Admission during a Q&A.

@nocap214 I do not think those will be sent this year. That is because admitted student events will be on hiatus this year due to the impacts of corona virus.

@akcollege123 Technically the Director said it will definitely not be the last friday and not this friday :wink: which leaves the third friday in March. Its coming up very soon!

UCSD triton day webpage shows “virtual”: http://tritonday.ucsd.edu/ So it is possible UCLA may also cancel Bruin Day although not announced yet.

I hope these virtual admit days are more than watching pretty videos. I hope they have interactive webinars where prospective students can ask questions.

UCLA is now starting to cancel some large events planned for much later in spring quarter, as well as summer study abroad. I think we’ll hear something confirming that Bruin Day will be virtual once admissions decisions have been finalized, perhaps even before that. At this point we are thinking that it is very likely that in person classes will be cancelled for the whole of spring quarter.

They announced that Spring Quarter will now be online, so I’m guessing Bruin Day will indeed be virtual.

Yep you can expect Bruin day to be completely virtual

hey guys, so after reading everything on here, are we concluding that the alumni scholarship invite means nothing this year?

I think the information in this thread suggests the alumni scholarship invite has historically correlated with a between 50%-60% acceptance rate for invitees. However, there was a comment indicating more invites went out this year which, if accurate, suggests those percentages will likely decrease. It is still a good sign as it did not go to all applicants and shows that at least some initial screen of your application by admissions was favorable as they sent that info to the alumni association. Obviously no guarantees but anything helps when applying to a school that accepts what, 12%? We’ll know in one more week!